What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
-83MONTESS- said:
I got my old dash out which literally snapped in half upon removal. Heres the hilljock wiring mess from the previous owner :rant:

dashwires.jpg

Then the new GP dash went in

dashin.jpg

And heres the gauge panel I made today with my jigsaw. The blue is the wrap still on the plexiglass. Tomarow is my last day off so I will be busy!

gaugepanel.jpg
thats how all my wiring is under my dash too, the previous owner did it and its so hard to find the correct wires and everything lol but your dash is looking good! love the GP dash

looked for a floor shifter

1984-monte-carlo-ss said:
thats how all my wiring is under my dash too, the previous owner did it and its so hard to find the correct wires and everything lol but your dash is looking good! love the GP dash
The wiring just looks bad but its actually quite simple because I have found out that about 90% of the wires are either cut or belong to a connector that doesnt plug into anything. Im gonna dive into wiring the gauges tomarow so hopefully Il make somemoe progress. Oh and I ran out of money so the carpet is staying the ugly blue and the rest is already black 😀

installed a new holley 110 gph pump!! ready for the dragstip this friday! 😀

-83MONTESS- said:
I dug a mouse nest out of the heater box and pulled out a birds nest from on top of the right rear tire! Sad thing is, is that its only been sitting for 2 weeks :shock:
that happened to me once in winter they had the nest on tbi on my gmc

idk but the batt keep dying

did intake gaskets, painted the intake. adjusted the kickdown cable. and drover her.

Gave it a better parking spot by getting rid of the old Skylark... only been sitting out there for 4 years, too many rust holes and too crappy a car to fix

6061019255_644274cf3f.jpg

Wanted to start the car to let the kids hear it run (for the first time in almost a year). But the battery was dead. So after an hour of trying to boost it and charge it, it just wasn't happening. So I went to fill a jerrycan with gas, and to Canadian Tire and picked up a new battery. Dropped that in and it fired right up. Took about 20 seconds and people came looking to see what the loud noise was lol (open headers still).

For the rest of the weekend. Gotta hook up the vacuum lines on the transmission and distributor. Try to figure out the Edelbrock kickdown bracket. Top the tires up with air. Also need to pull the 700r4 and converter out of the trunk.

Then Monday I gotta get some insurance on it. And then the fun part. Driving it 1/2 way across town on open headers to get the exhaust done lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor