What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiggertrucks

Apprentice
Mar 6, 2011
Bellflower, CA
[/quote]

Better believe it :rofl: believe it or not there torqie! I would fly on the freeway with my 800lb bike in the back :rofl:[/quote]
i already know the first chevy i ever owned had a 305 and a floor shifter :wax:

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
Blasted the 1966 air cleaner (of the 330), and the front anti-sway bar......paint to come.
Photo0427.jpg

I believe the top section is supposed to be the red/orange and the lower portion black. I have seen where the Chrysler Industrial Red is the closest correct (and cheapest) paint for it. Will go black with the bar.

supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH
Just got a couple PM things done wires, plugs, fuel filter, air filter, rerouted the fuel vent line.
Cleaned up the engine bay the other day by removing smog pump, charcoal canister, an made an egr block off plate.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Well, not much doing today other than putting a tarp on the car. Sanded the roof down. Filled a few low spots. Took my cowl induction hood off, put it on saw horses and washed the underside to get it prepped for a coat of primer. I actually put my stock hood back on, and forgot how nice the stock hood fits compared to the cowl hood.
During the week I filled some dents, welded a small patch in the lower driverside A-pillar.
Fortunately, we had some beautiful weather this week, which inspired me to get some work done. Got to start working on my new doors and get the insides primed and ready for paint. The outer skins were primed with polyester primer and will need a final blocking.
Oh, and one small thing. When I removed the fuel door, I discovered a small rust area next to one of the bolt holes. I welded in a small patch. It was kind of hidden. Hopefully that's it as far as rust issues.
The doors on the car are pretty rusty underneath. That's why they're slated for replacement.

chevyGuy86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2011
Long Island
got the new lug studs in and the slicks slide on like a dream with my 1/2" wheel spacers. a nice set of 28/12.0/15 on te rear now waiting for the track monday

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 699
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 700
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 694

suffrn6

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2011
saint john, nb canada
Gave it a bath and took it for a little drive. The car sure does like the cool air in the mornings. :D

Chris

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Pulled the 700r4 and converter out of the trunk, and put the TH350 and converter in. Gonna be getting towed in about an hour.

1983regal

Master Mechanic
May 2, 2011
St. Louis MO.
Pulled air pump off and removed the cat, car is slightly louder now. I so hate stock exhaust and v6's lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor