What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
Yesterday I painted the air cleaner and anti-sway bar (that I blasted at work) with self-etching primer.
Photo0434.jpg

Photo0435.jpg

Photo0436.jpg

and today I painted them...the air cleaner is the closest I could get (off the shelf) to the original red-orange for the 66 330. Looks more orange than orange-red (as it did on lid), so I may actually order some other paint, and respray, if I don't like it after it cures.
Photo0439.jpg

Base was painted black, as I think was correct for the year.
Photo0438.jpg

Anti-sway bar:
Photo0437.jpg

Thinking I may be taking more off the suspension and blast and paint, and try to clean up everything else.
Did this in my old, detached garage. A lot of space in it, and many places and ways to hang parts for painting...... 8)

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010
i licked it
[youtube]ILt5HZnPz5o&feature=related[/youtube]

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
took it for a ride tonite to pick up my son and his wife who were out at the Octoberfest and like usual no cabs were available, or at least that's what they told me.. :)

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
bawazir said:
i licked it
[youtube]ILt5HZnPz5o&feature=related[/youtube]
:rofl: I love that episode!!!

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
My father-in-law came for a visit. I went to the garage to put on the passenger front shock, and he came out. I ended up separating the motor, transmission and driveshaft, and getting all of it pulled, with his help and guidance. You should have seen him. Up in his 70s, and he's crawling all aorund the car...under it, on top of the motor...was like a teenager again. Really good afternoon.
Photo0447.jpg

Photo0446.jpg

Photo0448.jpg

Now it is time to clean up the engine bay, and then go get my new motor, transmission and everything else from my buddy's house.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Had the Malibu towed to the guy that's doing the transmission yesterday. Decided to drive it from the parking stall to the street to make it easier for the flatbed to load it... err, driving it on open headers had nothing to do with it lol. Was funny seeing everyone on the block looking out their windows and doors to see what the loud noise was. At least 5 people came outside. Damn I wish open exhaust was legal.

delreyss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 22, 2010
2011-10-04_17-58-46_22.jpg

i removed the body form the frame to box out the frame and also notch the frame for some wider rear wheels.

delreyss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 22, 2010
2011-10-04_17-58-46_22.jpg

i removed the body form the frame to box out the frame and also notch the frame for some wider rear wheels.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
it's a long weekend here and the weather is just like summer so I filled up the GP and headed for a drive on some nice country roads and ended up at Camp 31 known for their ribs. Sunday nite is all you can eat so had a rack and 1/2 of baby backs and a couple of beer ....now I'm ready for a snoooooooze... :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor