What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElCamMan515

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2010
Central New York
Went to get my El Camino inspected and was told it needed Catalytic converters.... Time to find a new garage that will pass it.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Changed the header gasket, I can't stand a leaking exhaust. On the highway with a stick when you let off the gas the exhaust sucks in air and you get some nice backfires, it's embarrassing.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
pontiac gp said:
Changed the header gasket, I can't stand a leaking exhaust. On the highway with a stick when you let off the gas the exhaust sucks in air and you get some nice backfires, it's embarrassing.
Ah yes, The joy of headers. This reminds me yet again why I did not put them on my El Camino. :blam:
I have enough burn scars and skinned knuckles from my Camaro to last a lifetime. :rofl:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the header gaskets were 3 years old so I can't really complain and it's a 10 minute job after the engine cools down....

I finally found out the right part number for the bearing I need in my MSD 8551 distributor so I ordered that and I bought another 85551 so I could change out my E-curve distributor which has to go in for repairs on the circuit board...the car runs alot better with the 8551 and gets better fuel mileage. The E-curve seem to be messing up the advance curve

Rasheerh

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2007
Cincinnati, oh
Added a umi rear swaybar to my pile of parts for my cutlass

speedkills80

Master Mechanic
Apr 11, 2010
Omaha NE
I took the car cover off of it...and made sure it was still there!! It looks like it may not rain or snow this friday!! I think tomorrow I will go get some 110 fuel and take her to the shop with me on Friday!! YEAH!!!!

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
Drove it twenty miles today with a big Kool-Aid Grin!! Oh Yeah!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor