What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my electric fan working finally. I ordered a temp switch from Derale a few weeks ago but could never get it to work so I just hooked the fan up to a switch. After going back and redoing everything step by step 3 full times I said **** it and threw the Derale kit in the bottom of my tool box :roll:

-83MONTESS- said:
I got my electric fan working finally. I ordered a temp switch from Derale a few weeks ago but could never get it to work so I just hooked the fan up to a switch. After going back and redoing everything step by step 3 full times I said **** it and threw the Derale kit in the bottom of my tool box :roll:
LOL... I bet that happens a lot.

My first differential job was a success! :banana:
Going from 2.56:1 to 3.73:1 really woke the car up. Almost feels like my 307 has power! :lol:

I have a vibration in the driveline and luckily got a deal on a Hays sfi flywheel, Centerforce clutch kit with the duel friction disk and a rebuilt upgraded T5 WC with a hurst shifter that I could not turn down. I'm thinking it's my flywheel causing the vibration I had it cleaned up but never re balanced and the transmission seems to have also developed a vibration and the 3rd synchroniser is worn so I need to the repair it. I'm heading out to pick the package now.....

sunday- finished SEM'ing my dash, and started/finished a few of my junkyard accuisitions...
*this was a grey dash went I started

monday- finally caught up with my customer from work and paid him for G-body #2 :mrgreen:
today- trying to get ahold of buddy with a trailer to cart said #2 g-body home :?

I took the trip to pick up the parts and got a great deal on them. The trip was 250 miles and I kept my speed to just over the limit in 5th gear and got 26.8 mpg.........gotta love those quadrajets... :banana:

I used the Canadian gallon to calculate it and that gallon is bigger than a US gallon. With a US gallon it works out to 22.3 mpg ...

I removed my transmission and clutch assembly to install the new to me parts I picked up yesterday. The pilot bearing had come aprt so I had to change that. The hays flyweel I picked up turned out to be for a different crankshaft so that's going for sale. Got the centerforce pressure plate and clutch installed and reinstalled the bellhousing and installed the new transmission. It was stuck about 1/8" out so I gently pulled in in the rest of the way with the bolts. When I checked the hydraulic thro out bearing I knew why the transmission would not seat easily. The thro out bearign was riding hard on the fingers of the pressure plate. So I removed everything again and installed my hays street and strip clutch. That too has no clearance with the thro out bearing but it's better than the centerforce clutch. The Howe thro out bearings can be installed with an interference fit so I tried it out and but it will slip if I hit the gas too much so tomorrow I'll do it all over again and may have to go back to my slave cylinder set up. The transmission is built and the gears wine a bit which I like so they a different cut than the stock gears and the hurst shifter works real nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor