What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
liquidh8 said:
Took a rid to the local pick-a-parts yesterday. Picked up some Malibu hood hinges for the wagon, so i can do the gas strut conversion. I picked up rear door armrests, and sill plates. I also bought a fireturd HVAC control, since they have 3 bulbs in them and have some better backlighting. Started cleaning up my C5 Z06 calipers.

So the "fireturd HVAC control" lol Will it bolt right in ? Nothing has to be changed over ? I may have to try this,I have thought about trying to mod mine to add another light, but just don't want to f**k it up.Being that it's a NON A/C heater control,were i live you can find ac/heater controls all day long, non a/c ones are hard to find.That fireturd have a good center console,I am looking to buy one for CHEAP 10.00 bucks for em here, but the yard is 30,mile one way.They don't keep inventory on what they got,so id have to run all the way up there,taking a chance that they don't have any,wasting money for gas that i don't really have

flatheadfever

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 1, 2011
Nova Scotia
Got the engine and Trans back in. 2004r from a monte. Found half the rear main seal in backwards on the engine. Might be able to slow the leak down now that a new one is in right
Plan to fire it up today.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
skulledmonte84 said:
So the "fireturd HVAC control" lol Will it bolt right in ? Nothing has to be changed over ? I may have to try this,I have thought about trying to mod mine to add another light, but just don't want to f**k it up.Being that it's a NON A/C heater control,were i live you can find ac/heater controls all day long, non a/c ones are hard to find.That fireturd have a good center console,I am looking to buy one for CHEAP 10.00 bucks for em here, but the yard is 30,mile one way.They don't keep inventory on what they got,so id have to run all the way up there,taking a chance that they don't have any,wasting money for gas that i don't really have

It is not a "direct" bolt in. I have to actually sit the 2 next to one another and see what is what. Whatever is required to make it work I will do, since I really want something a little bit better backlit.

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
Cold an windy here today, but i got my lower column trim and vent control cables installed.OH WHAT F***ING FUN IT WAS
Shout out to "88hurstolds" for hooking me up,Thanks bro

pontiac6269

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 3, 2008
Sparta, Wisconsin
Put the Olds in the garage to pull the plugs and check the cap, rotor and change the oil and filter, clean the carb.

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
I primed the wheel wells in flat black,started to put my rear spoiler on the new' "used" trunk lid,i have to figure out were the holes need to be drilled yet

Attachments

• pizap.com10.0203605573624372481393371040812.jpg
    pizap.com10.0203605573624372481393371040812.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 406

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
I installed the GN rear spoiler end caps after finally locating a pair. It looked weird with just the center section. :mrgreen:

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
got my new BLACK lower door panels from (dixies monte) they are pretty nice, just waiting for upper dooor panels to come in and other parts for the interior.And the warm weather to come to get everything installed.

Attachments

• IMAG0260.jpg
    IMAG0260.jpg
    966 KB · Views: 310

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Not today, but just over the weekend, I installed an original shifter cable & shifter hardware that I picked up locally for my hurst dual gate set up out of a 79 h/o. Also, installed a hurst clock emblem to go along with the shifter. I picked it up online a few months back for $25. 8) I will likely swap the clock out for the style the 83 used, although I like the "digital" better. Looking forward to the weather warming up & finishing the car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    614.8 KB · Views: 325
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    952.1 KB · Views: 342

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Ordered alot of suspension parts for mine today. New ball joints, tie rod ends, sway bar links, lowered spindles, lowered springs, lowered shocks and still tryibg to find upgraded steering stops...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor