Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Clutch_Grabwell on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:02 pm
Low budget mods this year:
Remote keyless entry module re-purposed from a '99 Monte Carlo. Props to MCSSdotcom member jman093 for the write-up.

Can you share the instructions, parts list, and write up the install for us lesser people who don't subscribe to MCSS.com?

Thanks!

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
gdouaire said:
Achieved that 1979 Seville look on my Cutlass. 225/75R15 all around, will need some adjustment in the front because of the rubbing factor :) And wheel centers.

The front wheels are goona rub like a motherf**ker ,I got them on my car "just for now" cause that's all i had at the time,i can't go over 45 an hit dips without them bottoming out in the wheel wells,if your not careful it could easy make you wreck around 60-or 70,trust me i found out :)

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
skulledmonte84 said:
gdouaire said:
Achieved that 1979 Seville look on my Cutlass. 225/75R15 all around, will need some adjustment in the front because of the rubbing factor :) And wheel centers.

The front wheels are goona rub like a motherf**ker ,I got them on my car "just for now" cause that's all i had at the time,i can't go over 45 an hit dips without them bottoming out in the wheel wells,if your not careful it could easy make you wreck around 60-or 70,trust me i found although i didn't wreck,it sure pulled hard to one side

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Finally got them out of hibernation !

Attachments

• IMG_4709.JPG
    IMG_4709.JPG
    344.3 KB · Views: 388

gdouaire

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2013
Québec City, Québec CANADA
skulledmonte84 said:
The front wheels are goona rub like a motherf**ker ,I got them on my car "just for now" cause that's all i had at the time,i can't go over 45 an hit dips without them bottoming out in the wheel wells,if your not careful it could easy make you wreck around 60-or 70,trust me i found although i didn't wreck,it sure pulled hard to one side

What springs do you have in front? I have OEM GN springs, 225/75R15 have "only" 1.15 inch extra material all around compared to OEM GN tires... The 225 will rub on the plastic inner fenders when I steer to the max. P205 would probably make more sense for the front tires... and would also change the stance of the car.

Clutch_Grabwell

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
Millbury, Mass.
ssn696 said:
Clutch_Grabwell on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:02 pm
Low budget mods this year:
Remote keyless entry module re-purposed from a '99 Monte Carlo. Props to MCSSdotcom member jman093 for the write-up.

Can you share the instructions, parts list, and write up the install for us lesser people who don't subscribe to MCSS.com?

Thanks!

I don't think you need to be a member to view the thread.
Click here and let me know if you can't see it: http://www.montecarloss.com/community/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=975362#Post975362

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor