What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a long week of research, talking to some well known cam companies, i pulled the trigger on a bumpstick for my LS swap. Better yet, free shipping and a $40 discount sure helped. Hope to have this fresh grind next week woohoo. I will update my build thread as stuff rolls in!View attachment 64494

Might i edit and add! A huge shout out to Jared (TEXAS82GP) for aiding in some much needed LS knowledge to get me on the right track for a cam decision. I'm new to the LS world but hope to have it somewhat mastered when my motor gets finished!

Turbo cam!
Great decision IMHO!
Super stoked for ya brother. Can't wait to see the direction it takes you.
🙂

D.

Turbo cam!
Great decision IMHO!
Super stoked for ya brother. Can't wait to see the direction it takes you.
🙂

D.
Thanks D. I can honestly say I'm pumped about it! It will take a bit to come together, but hell I'm already 5+ years deep into the resto already. I built my fuel system for boost years ago so I'm good there.

I have a couple family members giving me crap about having just another LS g body. So....the twin snail plan will stay under wraps for awhile until i have them sitting in front of me.

With my neurotic tendancies, i guarantee it won't look like most boosted ls g bodies.

With my neurotic tendancies, i guarantee it won't look like most boosted ls g bodies.

Of that, I have no doubt! And I know you know I mean that in the best way possible. I've seen the pics of your engine bay with the old mill, I have no illusions whatsoever that you'll make that ugly 'ol LS a thing of beauty.
Twin hairdryers hanging off the front certainly won't hurt either...
😉

Oh, also got my broke *ss a part time job. $10.00 cutting meat at Fareway, a "mom and pop" type grocery chain we have in the midwest. .

Great!!! Now don't screw it up and before you know it you will be in the butchers union with a good job with good pay and benefits.

The Power Tour can wait!!! There is one every year!!

Brought home a fresh short block with a bunch of extra parts for my cutlass. Yep, the LS bug bit me...no turning back now!View attachment 64206

In High school I worked with a guy with a '62 Cadillac who drove around with a V8 engine block in the truck because gave the car the tail dragging look he was after. Cutting or torching the springs a little seemed more practical, but it would be a lot of work getting the block out of the truck, so he just left it....

dr78442... why'd you dislike my post? Or was it a mis-click? I'd say buying an 800cfm qjet for 80 bucks and getting a job is like worthy, but that's just me.

Back when we did the ECM conversion to make my big block run off the ECM [had to swap in an updated EPROM a couple of times] I noticed then that the wire bundle coming in had NO protection around it. Granted, the hole on my '87 is rounded over but still just bundle of wire so tight you can hardly move it against bare metal. This reminds me I STILL need to fix that! Thanks.

• Useful
Reactions: DROLDS84
Tire p*rn.

These are a tad early based on the state of the rest of my project but saved $120 through DiscountTireDirect sale until April 30th.

Had to stand out there and look at them making VAROOM noises for a bit . . .

Bridgestone RE760s

IMG_0743.JPG

Back when we did the ECM conversion to make my big block run off the ECM [had to swap in an updated EPROM a couple of times] I noticed then that the wire bundle coming in had NO protection around it. Granted, the hole on my '87 is rounded over but still just bundle of wire so tight you can hardly move it against bare metal. This reminds me I STILL need to fix that! Thanks.
I dug out my rims to get them ready to go on and made a deal to get a trans built for it

Reactions: pontiacgp
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor