What did you do to your G-Body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to try and set the air gap on my A/C compressor clutch. It was too tight. I tried my A/C out. I seen sparks. After I changed the exhaust a while back the car is a lot quieter now. I have been hearing kind of a ruckus. I thought it was my belt tensioner. I am hard of hearing too. I took a bar and I could move the A/C pully around. Not good! I took the front of the clutch apart and this is what I found.
20190625_210534.jpg
The bearing is out. I guess I caught that at the right time. So I took the rest of the clutch apart.
20190625_212940.jpg
There is a car show four miles from my house on Sunday I want to go to. So I two day shipped a new A/C clutch assembly from Rock Auto. My wife and kids might go with me so that is why I was trying to get the A/C working to begin with. Wish me luck!

After work yesterday played around with the custom launcher on the head unit a little more, could be a very cool setup once I get a handle on it. Then tried to take the nuts on the seats off but no such luck, got annoyed and gave up for a bit since they are rusted to hell

I decided to try and set the air gap on my A/C compressor clutch. It was too tight. I tried my A/C out. I seen sparks. After I changed the exhaust a while back the car is a lot quieter now. I have been hearing kind of a ruckus. I thought it was my belt tensioner. I am hard of hearing too. I took a bar and I could move the A/C pully around. Not good! I took the front of the clutch apart and this is what I found.View attachment 116585 The bearing is out. I guess I caught that at the right time. So I took the rest of the clutch apart.View attachment 116586 There is a car show four miles from my house on Sunday I want to go to. So I two day shipped a new A/C clutch assembly from Rock Auto. My wife and kids might go with me so that is why I was trying to get the A/C working to begin with. Wish me luck!

Looks like you are missing some balls.

After work yesterday played around with the custom launcher on the head unit a little more, could be a very cool setup once I get a handle on it. Then tried to take the nuts on the seats off but no such luck, got annoyed and gave up for a bit since they are rusted to hell

what a crew we have here, Turbo Zach lost his balls and yours are stuck to the seat cause they are rusty.....:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor