Started making room for bigger tires.

67580582_122111955764469_7509602121104837184_n.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I prepped the rear spring perches I cut off the 8.2 rear the other day. I had to add a little material so the pigtail if fully seated and I wasn't sure how the perch is welded to the axle tube so I welded a 1/8" plate to the front side of the perch so I could weld that to the front of the axle tube. When I got to my computer I looked up the spring perches and they just have a weld on each side of the perch, as usual I over did it....oh well.....:popcorn:

Reactions: 5 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Duh, got it fixed. When I tightened the nut last night it pulled one of the terminals and it was touching the ign stud on the solenoid! Glad it was simple, I need to hook up that other wire though....no fuel pump prime, or gauge up so have some work to do!!!

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Drove the wagon to the office... hopefully no landscaping BS or fuel leaks occur this time. It really is nice driving in at 0600hrs on the highway because there are just enough cars to blow past.

Reactions: 5 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Drove the wagon to the office... hopefully no landscaping BS or fuel leaks occur this time. It really is nice driving in at 0600hrs on the highway because there are just enough cars to blow past.
How's that rod knock? :p

• Indifferent
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
He can't hear it with the wind blowing so hard from passing everybody else while windows down!

And the cut-outs open.

Whatever noise is there, is still there. I've got another month or two of good driving left before Winter - I'll decide what to do then, if a decision isn't made for me before that time.

I was out in the car for a bit last night to prove my fuel rail repair and ran the car up to redline a few times, and its still running. Launched it off the light headed onto the highway this morning too... again - no issues. Other than putting a lot of distance between me an all the cars stacked up behind me at the intersection.

Enjoy your CUV, Sir... Ma'am... or whatever you identify as.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
And the cut-outs open.

Whatever noise is there, is still there. I've got another month or two of good driving left before Winter - I'll decide what to do then, if a decision isn't made for me before that time.

I was out in the car for a bit last night to prove my fuel rail repair and ran the car up to redline a few times, and its still running. Launched it off the light headed onto the highway this morning too... again - no issues. Other than putting a lot of distance between me an all the cars stacked up behind me at the intersection.

Enjoy your CUV, Sir... Ma'am... or whatever you identify as.
Nobody:

G body wagon guys:
tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
The oil pressure will tell you if it's a bearing. If it's piston slap, it'll get worse with heavier oil- my 6.0 in my truck did anyway. They seem to be happiest with 5W-30.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor