What did you do to your G-Body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because I had to bring the console inside for the night, I sat it in the car. HUGE difference from before! Hoping to get my headliner and visors done in the next week or two. By then I'd like to have most of the interior panels done too.
20190829_203847.jpg

Jack, I have a repop lid I got from Mike's. It has the metal frame instead of the weak plastic one.
Scott,
I ended up getting a used OEM lid that was in pretty poor shape. I re-glued and clamped the vinyl covering using a few C-clamps, and construction adhesive. Surprisingly, it turned out quite well, and looks good. I also riveted a piano hinge to it. I did consider making one out of wood and recover it with matching vinyl, but this turned out better than I thought.

Got the passenger side weatherstripping done, ended up finding the brackets that it mounts to without the trees by being forced into the channels and glue. Then after that I played with the piece to keep the new center console in place better. And finished up with mounting the speakers to the outer trim ring so that hopefully it is easier to put the panel and then the speaker in.
20190829_202113.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor