What did you do to your G-Body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only got to do one of the two weatherstripping's I wanted to, got the passenger door one completed but then went to do the one that goes on the body and it did not have the christmas trees to mount. Not sure why that is the only one to not have them so wanted to wait and go check at my house to see if I had that as an extra but nope looks like I will be using the weatherstripping adhesive and putting it on today before hopefully finishing up the wiring.

Only got to do one of the two weatherstripping's I wanted to, got the passenger door one completed but then went to do the one that goes on the body and it did not have the christmas trees to mount. Not sure why that is the only one to not have them so wanted to wait and go check at my house to see if I had that as an extra but nope looks like I will be using the weatherstripping adhesive and putting it on today before hopefully finishing up the wiring.

you can buy new retainers, I wouldn't trust glue to keep the seal in place

you can buy new retainers, I wouldn't trust glue to keep the seal in place

Thanks, what is weird is that this one doesn't even have holes for it. They all came with the car when I bought it because they were all out at that point. But the other 3 all had the christmas trees, this is the only one that doesn't. I really didn't want to purchase a whole new set just for a passenger side but looks like I might end up doing that

Drove it. I think I just got 20mpg highway. I used a 1/4 tank in 80 miles.
And for some reason my idle is at like 300rpm and I got blowby like a mf. I guess it's to be expected. What with it being a 70000 mile motor I re ringed that has an added 12k.

Reactions: pontiacgp
Gave my Edelbrock 1406 carb the go through this morning, not as cruddy as I expected. Wire wheeled it to clean up the oxidation and gave it a couple coats of clear to preserve it for a while. Will throw it back on the car this weekend and see how it runs. The main issue was the needle valves hung up and flooded the engine badly. Replaced everything and set the floats to spec, should be cured.

Attachments

• 436210C2-3DFF-4158-866B-E882F1FF2D61.jpeg
    436210C2-3DFF-4158-866B-E882F1FF2D61.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 180
Drove it. I think I just got 20mpg highway. I used a 1/4 tank in 80 miles.
And for some reason my idle is at like 300rpm and I got blowby like a mf. I guess it's to be expected. What with it being a 70000 mile motor I re ringed that has an added 12k.

if you happen to have a 454 hanging around you could always do a swap....:popcorn:.

if you happen to have a 454 hanging around you could always do a swap....:popcorn:.
Hmm... Trade bendy straw pushrods for blow by......
Decisions decisions. Tell ya what.
You donate a 600hp big block capable 200r4, crossmember, edelbrock top end kit, 800cfm qjet tuned to work, headers and rotating assembly, I'll do it.

Hmm... Trade bendy straw pushrods for blow by......
Decisions decisions. Tell ya what.
You donate a 600hp big block capable 200r4, crossmember, edelbrock top end kit, 800cfm qjet tuned to work, headers and rotating assembly, I'll do it.

wait a sec, you bought all new pushrods

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor