What did you do to your G-Body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally tackled the Monte console that's been ugly forever!!! Gave it a good bath, then scrubbed with SEM soap and a gray scuff pad, followed by prep solvent. Then several coats of Color coat and several clear.
It's getting dark in KY so the lighting isn't great, but looks WAY better than before.
20190829_192306.jpg
20190829_200755.jpg

Finally tackled the Monte console that's been ugly forever!!! Gave it a good bath, then scrubbed with SEM soap and a gray scuff pad, followed by prep solvent. Then several coats of Color coat and several clear.
It's getting dark in KY so the lighting isn't great, but looks WAY better than before.View attachment 122194View attachment 122195
Scott,
Looks like my burgundy console with the breadbox. What did you do for a lid, and did you use a piano hinge to eliminate the crappy plastic hinge?

Reactions: Texas82GP
Jack, I have a repop lid I got from Mike's. It has the metal frame instead of the weak plastic one.

Those suckers are HEAVY

And not sure how I like the "no door check" design. But I'd have to actually drive the damn thing for it to really matter, I guess

The little strap that keeps it from flopping over when opened. The GM version has one (limits it to 90 degrees) , the repros don't (well, the one I got didn't)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor