What did you do to your G-Body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

partsbox

Greasemonkey
May 22, 2016
Maryland
I have one of those dont like how it flows and dont want to screw it up
I does take some getting used to. I am still practicing with mine. My results are getting better, but still not where I want them to be. Don't give up on it, though. I've seen some people get great results with it.

Reactions: 1 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Got around to cleaning the 3 quarts of oil out of my new carpet today. It hit the 50s here in Pgh so I wasn’t going to miss the op. Over the last two weeks I’ve been using rags and oil dry to get out the bulk of it. Today I first hit the worst area with Purple Power and a power washer and scrub brush. The 2nd cleaning I did with dishsoap. Now it’s hanging in my 70 degree garage on ropes drying out. I figure if anything is still in the carpet, then I’ll use alcohol and/ or brake parts cleaner. All because I didn’t know anybetter and used the 1/8 nylon tubing that came with my oil pressure gauge and broke in the car.

Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Got around to cleaning the 3 quarts of oil out of my new carpet today. It hit the 50s here in Pgh so I wasn’t going to miss the op. Over the last two weeks I’ve been using rags and oil dry to get out the bulk of it. Today I first hit the worst area with Purple Power and a power washer and scrub brush. The 2nd cleaning I did with dishsoap. Now it’s hanging in my 70 degree garage on ropes drying out. I figure if anything is still in the carpet, then I’ll use alcohol and/ or brake parts cleaner. All because I didn’t know anybetter and used the 1/8 nylon tubing that came with my oil pressure gauge and broke in the car.
Sounds like you got it if a pressure washer was involved. Send it!

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I'll stand by tide laundry detergent and a medium set pressure washer for carpet till I die. Makes it smell nice too. Half of the dank musty smell in my car was from the carpet. Carpet has to be out of course.

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Busted my azz getting the dash cleaned really really really good!!!! Then hit it with bulldog, and then several coats of SEM textured coating on all the repair areas (there were 9 total). Super happy with it, up next is to determine when to paint it.
20191208_165919.jpg
20191208_164733.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 12 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Moved it out of the shop under it's own power for the first time....time for a shop tidying
SAM_1859.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 13 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
That looks like a party waiting to happen!

Looks can be decieving....

I don't even know what's inside the engine, kid I bought the donor car from lost the receipt :roll:

I did borescope it though to make sure it was really a fresh build and not a krylon special

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor