What did you do to your G-Body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Took off the old header panel and mocked up the drill holes for the 1980 Calais header panel I'll be using, gotta pick up all new hardware and a longer extension so fit my ratched into those hard to reach places. Still have to flatten out the bulge in the bottom bumper, and figure out what I'm going to do to fill the excess gap in the bottom or if I'll just leave it open for now.

View attachment 109648 View attachment 109649 View attachment 109650
Don't forget to repin the hi/low beam plug to match up the the ones in the newer header. Smaller bulbs have the circuits set up different. I'd keep this header on it so you will truely have a one off Cutlass.

Reactions: 2 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
and figure out what I'm going to do to fill the excess gap in the bottom or if I'll just leave it open for now.
just find bumper off of an 80 cutlass

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Replaced my valve cover gaskets and accidently ripped the plug wire out of the boot 😔

Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Had it out running with the GTO
20190323_180402.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
What do you do when you are coming off night shift and wake up at 1am...

Install the belt drive, plumbed in the power steering, adjusted the idle tune, and filled/bled the cooling system, fit the wheels with the spacers, ordered the front spacers for the M3 wheels and started the wiring. All before 9am.

• Clever
Reactions: 9 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I got the Megasquirt running well and after a few wiring changes, should be tucking the ECU under the kick panel instead of living in the floorboard. I wouldn't say it is the cleanest install ever, but I can always deal with the wiring later. IMG_20190328_123933.jpg IMG_20190328_124037.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Nomad87Monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 11, 2018
Replaced my valve cover gaskets and accidently ripped the plug wire out of the boot [emoji17]

That’s the worst when that happens. Time for some MSD upgrades perhaps lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
Since I'm basically driving the Cop Vic pretty much daily, I felt brave enough to start converting the Wagon back over to non-winter attire. I have a few small issues to address as well.

Topped off all the fluids and tightened the power steering belt. I have a driver's side door lock that is hanging up.

Cleaned the cosmolene off the chrome, yanked the 150 lb chunk of steel out of the spare tire well.

Got it up in the air and yanked off the snow tires in preparation for putting on the new Cooper Cobras I got earlier this week. It'll get a thorough interior cleaning and a once-over on the exterior and a little bit of touch up this weekend.

I had a few minutes left so I repaired a smashed speaker grill in the cargo area that came courtesy of the load of pine tree branches I hauled home from my Mom's last August.:doh:

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor