What did you do to your G-Body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
pulled the plugs/fittings outta the intake,cleaned them and degreased the intake.washed it and hung to dry.changed out the e-bay h4's for some Philip's x-treamevision bulbs.made a noticeable difference.i'm digging it

Reactions: 3 users

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
Gave the inside a major top to bottom cleaning. Polished the aluminum wheels, did a little paint touch up on the exterior, and later this week will give it a once over with the buffer.

Oh and ordered up a pair of new front brake rotors. They'll be in tomorrow.

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
thumbnail_IMG_20190331_162351.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20190331_161917.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20190331_141743.jpg
I finally installed the trunk lock cylinder today. The small bracket with the clip was riveted in so I drilled it out. The cylinder came out pretty easy. I made a small scratch in the paint with the screw driver I was using as a prybar. The new cylinder was practically identical but the new rod was too long. My original is shorter because I have an electric trunk release I'm assuming. The new cylinder had some casting burrs which I filed off. One burr was where the gasket goes which would definitely gone through because the one that came with the kit were chintzy as hell. My old ones were not usable so I went ahead and used the new ones. The kit didn't have the foam that goes on the underside of the clip so I used a heat shrink wrap and some 3M adhesive. That worked pretty good. The new clips look nice but I couldn't use it because the old one has the mounting "clip" with the screw hole in one piece. The original was in good shape due to a lot of undercoat (?) covering it. I cleaned it up, shot some flat black on it and was ready to install. The new cylinder went right in. When I tried to put the original clip in it didn't want to go. I nudged it with a ballpeen a little at a time, checking to make sure the cylinder wasn't binding up. It finally went in. VERY SNUG! It will be a pain in the *ss to get back out. I even found a torx head screw that fit. The 2nd scratch was made with the ballpeen. Sucks but the lock looks factory. Back in business!

Reactions: 5 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
View attachment 110017 View attachment 110016 View attachment 110015 I finally installed the trunk lock cylinder today. The small bracket with the clip was riveted in so I drilled it out. The cylinder came out pretty easy. I made a small scratch in the paint with the screw driver I was using as a prybar. The new cylinder was practically identical but the new rod was too long. My original is shorter because I have an electric trunk release I'm assuming. The new cylinder had some casting burrs which I filed off. One burr was where the gasket goes which would definitely gone through because the one that came with the kit were chintzy as hell. My old ones were not usable so I went ahead and used the new ones. The kit didn't have the foam that goes on the underside of the clip so I used a heat shrink wrap and some 3M adhesive. That worked pretty good. The new clips look nice but I couldn't use it because the old one has the mounting "clip" with the screw hole in one piece. The original was in good shape due to a lot of undercoat (?) covering it. I cleaned it up, shot some flat black on it and was ready to install. The new cylinder went right in. When I tried to put the original clip in it didn't want to go. I nudged it with a ballpeen a little at a time, checking to make sure the cylinder wasn't binding up. It finally went in. VERY SNUG! It will be a pain in the *ss to get back out. I even found a torx head screw that fit. The 2nd scratch was made with the ballpeen. Sucks but the lock looks factory. Back in business!
I had the same problem when switching to black locks on my Cutlass. That lock retainer is a PITA to get right. I grinded and filed the edges to get it to fit the new lock. I also dread the day it needs to be removed!
20180126_113416.jpg
20180202_115711.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
I got the door locks too. Keyed different than original. The door locks are in fine shape so I will just pack the extra key for the few times I actually need to get into the trunk.

Reactions: 2 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Started it and let it run up to operating temperature. First time for the year. Reminded my self of all the stuff I was going to do to it this winter, but did not get done yet. Almost cruising time here in Iowa!
20190331_172645.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Bought way more brass fittings than needed and added a 3rd temperature sensor into my engine. Also added a universal washer pump to bypass the factory pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor