What did you do to your G-Body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I used a 16" perma cool fan that pulled 2950 cfm. I did not use a shroud and that fan kept the temperature at the level I liked. The way I look at and some testing on a circle track G body when the car is moving the shroud can block air that would travel through the radiator cooling the fluid down. If you have a mechaincal fan and a shroud that funnels the air to the fan that helps, with an eletric fan that is mounted directly to the rad a flat shroud would hinder the air flow. Currently I have a Perma Cool 16" standard fan that pulls 2350 and the Perma Cool high performance 2950 cfm fan pushing as the back up. I have removed part of the front bumper to remove some weight and to give it a different look which allows the air to travel directly to the rad

Reactions: 2 users

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
Rear end time today. I'm still debating to get rid of the anemic 2.41 one legger in favour to a 3.42 true trac.

IMG_20190906_144240870.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I used a 16" perma cool fan that pulled 2950 cfm. I did not use a shroud and that fan kept the temperature at the level I liked. The way I look at and some testing on a circle track G body when the car is moving the shroud can block air that would travel through the radiator cooling the fluid down. If you have a mechaincal fan and a shroud that funnels the air to the fan that helps, with an eletric fan that is mounted directly to the rad a flat shroud would hinder the air flow. Currently I have a Perma Cool 16" standard fan that pulls 2350 and the Perma Cool high performance 2950 cfm fan pushing as the back up. I have removed part of the front bumper to remove some weight and to give it a different look which allows the air to travel directly to the rad
Steve,
I've always heard good things about the single Taurus fan, and of course the Lincoln Mk VIII? fans. I've also heard that the Lincoln fan draws a lot of amps when it turns on.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Grab a set of dual Dodge Intrepid fans. I've heard a lot of positive reviews using them. That will also take care of the shroud situation.
I actually had ordered them but then noticed alot of people having issues with the their bigger amp draw and blowing fuses so I cancelled the order and Bought a more friendly fan. Will put the old shroud back on the car. And if this doesn't satisfy me, then I will order the intrepid fans and research the proper wiring. I needed something quick so I could drive the car before it gets to cold

Geezy24

Apprentice
Nov 18, 2017
Cold case install complete
Received my rear coil overs but the best upgrade is the console! Finally got to drive the car today!
fbf1b3d21ee5da705abf2e2e1783bfb8.jpg

671976ef26cc29b431641d50fceead2f.jpg
1c5e054bb4723fdd56c083b53b7a8037.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 6 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Drove the snot out of it like any other day...

You too? Daily'd the wagon this week. Drove the long way home yesterday with the cut-outs open - sitting like an attention wh*re in traffic listening to my cam chop and ripping from light to light without a care in the world.

• Winner
Reactions: 12 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I modified the spindle stops so it would be a better contact and then I went to do the job of putting my front brakes together and bleeding them so I could move the car tomorrow to put the windshield in. I repacked the wheel bearings and grabbed the first rotor out of the box and it sure didn't look right.....did some measurements to make sure I was not losing it and then checked the part number. The rotors are supposed to be for a 1980 Camaro but the fukin idiot sold me the G body rotors. They can't get me the right rotors til next Tuesday so I call Napa...they have them but they want $136 for each rotor.... :mad:

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor