What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
If you need access, just slice a hole in it and duct tape it back up. Shouldn't have to get in there because you completely resto'ed the door latches and window regulators, didn't you, Donovan? :p
Wellllll, I'm neurotic but didn't go that far lol. I didn't pull the door guys, but did grease and lube where necessary.

Reactions: 3 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
If you Dynamat the door, cover all the holes and it will act as a barrier.

And be damn near impossible to remove. Replaced a door on a truck a couple of months ago, next to impossible to get the innards out to put in the new door.

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
regarding dynomat that stuff is expensive, I use roofing ice and water shield instead...a trick I leaned from my friend who owns car stereo shop

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Exactly. For the price though, I'm leaning towards going with mylar water shields and insulation.

I did not reuse the shields, mine fell apart in my hands as I removed them. 30 years in the AZ sun really kills these soft parts. I plan on having to get back into the door at least a few more times and so I didn't both with the shields just yet. When Im finally completed with the doors I will put some kind of barrier up to keep the water out.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Put the new "Swinging D*ck Racing" logo on the Monte Carlo's flex plate.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Secret still. Can't let the cat outta the bag just yet. I will say, the window buttons and door pulls will stay in the stock location, the door pulls will be wrapped, and the design will be simple and compliment the rest of the interior.

I do however have to paint the lowers black and figure out something for the carpeted area.

I think my door panel is going to look really good since I pulled the carpet, went to Joann Fabric and found something I liked to put there. All I had to do was cut some thin board to mount it to and then apply back to where the carpet was. I did it to match a few other areas I did but think it will look much better than the carpet did

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
regarding dynomat that stuff is expensive, I use roofing ice and water shield instead...a trick I leaned from my friend who owns car stereo shop
Any odor from this stuff? Got a link?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I think my door panel is going to look really good since I pulled the carpet, went to Joann Fabric and found something I liked to put there. All I had to do was cut some thin board to mount it to and then apply back to where the carpet was. I did it to match a few other areas I did but think it will look much better than the carpet did
Cool. Ole Rktpwrd got my gears turning last night with a pretty trick idea. I'll share more if I decide to go this route but I think it will look pretty cool.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Any odor from this stuff? Got a link?
I have a roll of stuff I bought awhile back for the interior. Got it for like $16 at home depot, aluminized flashing sealant or something like that. It does have an asphalt backing which does have an odor, so I'm curious to see how it does this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor