What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulled the instrument cluster back out. Apparently the two bulbs not working were just a little bit loose in the socket. They are push in type, so I pulled them out and put them back, pressed down a little and they work fine. I checked every wire and connector for continuity, all checked good. While I had it out, I added two warning lights, one each for the water temp and the oil pressure, right beside their respective gauges. Started getting dark before I could get all of the connections wired up again. Should be rewired and an easy install later this week.
I have found that a little wheel bearing grease in the sockets helps with conductivity, especially on the soft style wedge-base bulb sockets

Found out that my old Buick is up for sale and seven years later the seller isn't happy with me (shadow drama follows every sale); now marriage forces sale (happy wife) - LOL. I should buy it back and see what butchery was done since. Naah.

I fixed my fuel sender and installed my five window Gauge cluster.View attachment 155410View attachment 155411

So they DID make a Buick dash with a tach! I have never seen one. I didn't know they exist.

I have owned 3 of the 5 window gages and have seen a few in salvage yards but never saw one with a tach. That must be a pretty low option take-rate.

So they DID make a Buick dash with a tach! I have never seen one. I didn't know they exist.

I have owned 3 of the 5 window gages and have seen a few in salvage yards but never saw one with a tach. That must be a pretty low option take-rate.
I actually had the tachometer custom made for me as well as the speedometer. I always thought they should have done a similar setup from factory. I am trying to figure out a way to create an oil gauge in place of the volt meter.

I actually had the tachometer custom made for me as well as the speedometer. I always thought they should have done a similar setup from factory. I am trying to figure out a way to create an oil gauge in place of the volt meter.

Ah, well you fooled me!! It looks really nice!

I made my own tach also reusing the factory clock face. Yours is better 🙂
1598541619064.png

Ah, well you fooled me!! It looks really nice!

8000rpm redline was kind of a dead giveaway... unless it was an Indy car stage-something V6 I doubt any factory Buick engine ever rev'd that high in a G-body.

PS. I was totally fooled too - so that makes it pretty awesome.

Found out that my old Buick is up for sale and seven years later the seller isn't happy with me (shadow drama follows every sale); now marriage forces sale (happy wife) - LOL. I should buy it back and see what butchery was done since. Naah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor