What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Rockauto parts Stocking up on bearings bought one of the cheap oil pumps to see if it was a reboxs nope it’s definitely Chinese Bearings are still king brand and the camshaft is a Erson
C11F9A8D-D058-45A8-ADB9-924AAEF16F69.jpeg

Finally got around to looking at the air ride problem, but gonna wait to work on it since I think the ground may have caused the sensor to go nuts
20200906_190422.jpg

Got all of the under dash connections completed, a junction block for the power window and door locks, stereo reinstalled, glovebox reinstalled, and under column panel installed. I tested a few accessories along the way, but missed checking the AC/heater blower. It's not working, so I will have to check that out. I also was able to start the car, and found that the mini starter I installed earlier is dragging a little bit, it will need a shim. The oil pressure is reading almost 40# at idle, but the warning light that I installed doesn't go out, so I will need to look into that also. Mostly, I am very happy, and am excited to be driving it again soon.
Here are two driver's eye pics of the dash.
20200907_183922.jpg
20200907_184014.jpg

Two more "big picture" pics.
20200907_184207.jpg
20200907_184246.jpg

I showed pics of the dash when I painted it, but when I went to install the under column panel, and the glovebox which were already black, I realized how dirty and faded they looked, so I painted them also.
Next, I need to put the gear shift handle back in place, and take care of the starter, oil warning light, heater fan, and I had forgotten to mention that the delay wiper switch was missing it's dark green wire, so I soldered one on and it is currently wrapped up waiting to be pushed through the firewall to the wiper motor.

Got all of the under dash connections completed, a junction block for the power window and door locks, stereo reinstalled, glovebox reinstalled, and under column panel installed. I tested a few accessories along the way, but missed checking the AC/heater blower. It's not working, so I will have to check that out. I also was able to start the car, and found that the mini starter I installed earlier is dragging a little bit, it will need a shim. The oil pressure is reading almost 40# at idle, but the warning light that I installed doesn't go out, so I will need to look into that also. Mostly, I am very happy, and am excited to be driving it again soon.
Here are two driver's eye pics of the dash.
View attachment 156684View attachment 156685

Two more "big picture" pics.
View attachment 156686View attachment 156687

I showed pics of the dash when I painted it, but when I went to install the under column panel, and the glovebox which were already black, I realized how dirty and faded they looked, so I painted them also.
Next, I need to put the gear shift handle back in place, and take care of the starter, oil warning light, heater fan, and I had forgotten to mention that the delay wiper switch was missing it's dark green wire, so I soldered one on and it is currently wrapped up waiting to be pushed through the firewall to the wiper motor.
Lose the ammeter. They're nothing more than a restriction to the electrical system.

Lose the ammeter. They're nothing more than a restriction to the electrical system.
I plan on getting rid of it soon, the main reason that I reinstalled it was that the wiring was still there, and I wanted more than one gauge to fill the old three-gauge panel needed for the vacuum gauge. Some time in the future I will upgrade to a higher output alternator. Until then, I will never put out too many amps for the ammeter to read. I am considering an oil temp gauge, and an air pressure gauge for the rear air bags, to replace the ammeter and fill the three-gauge panel.

The problem is that the ammeter goes in series with the alternator output.
Yes, I understand that there is wiring plus a small coil to impede the electric flow, causing resistance, but until I had the volt meter, the ammeter was the only way to see if it was charging. Like I said above, I plan on removing it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor