What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frame was pissing me off, so I said screw this ! Cut out this part because plating wasn’t gonna cut it! Currently under the car fixing, welding and grinding!
B20C57A1-474A-414F-AA26-668DC7C01951.jpeg
E7D57B62-A6E0-4809-A023-E88A2C849C27.jpeg
Update! Not done but a lot better!
9A8F046F-7C07-4646-8402-57E04F7CF519.jpeg
851C2C79-320B-4202-B5C4-06C5F4F1CDB9.jpeg

Last edited:
Now why does that look familiar? Been there, seen that, even remember the view and the rain of sparks from the welding gun falling on me as I attempted to repair that rear frame horn. The culprit is crap and corruption getting thrown up by the rear tire and finding its way inside the rail. Far worse for those of us north of the Mason/Dixon line and living in the rust belt. For my 85 I actually went out and scored a pair of rear frame horns that got cut away from a hulk. The cut was actually done right at the peak of the frame kickup over the diff tubes to obtain the longest section of rail possible. The old section got cut away and the newer one trimmed and fitted into position in its stead. Was able to fab and install both inner and outer fish plates but, sorry, no pics. A long long time ago before I ever thought to take pictures of stuff I was doing.

Nick

Grandkids talked me into taking them out to get pizza and on the rural road they live on they asked me to hit it so I hit the 5500 rev limiter in second and pulled a few more feet in 3rd. Then at the corner I lit up the tires and let the rear end slide a bit and they were happy with that. At 5500 in 2nd I'm doing 75 mph so I was over 100 mph in 3rd and with the boys in the car I lifted and let her slow down. The boys are positive the GP is faster than their dad's BMW and they let him know..... :popcorn:

Worked on the trunk a bit more today. Picked up some 1/0 lugs, got the main battery ground and an aux ground bolted to the frame. Waiting on the junction blocks to finish up and have it drivable again until I pull the cell. Looks way better already...View attachment 156512
Now you need to make something to hide your vacuum pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor