What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Put the front end on jackstands. Thing sounded like a roaring lion on the highway coming home from the cruise last night. Not sure yet if it's the ebay blazer hubs, or the rotors dragging, but I can say it was sketchy and is off the road until I figure it out 😔. To be continued....

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
.....my hunch was right. I was thinking the hubs were the issue. The rotors were spinning freely, but I could hear some noise in the hubs, so I pulled the caliper and rotor and sure enough it had some crunchy noises 😡!!! Gotta love china's finest hubs, they don't spin easily after only 200ish miles, and already have grease exiting the inside! I'm open for recommendations on good hubs, need them by midweek since there is a show next Saturday I wanna go to.
20200920_212229.jpg
20200920_212238.jpg

• Sad
  • Informative
Reactions: 3 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
.....my hunch was right. I was thinking the hubs were the issue. The rotors were spinning freely, but I could hear some noise in the hubs, so I pulled the caliper and rotor and sure enough it had some crunchy noises 😡!!! Gotta love china's finest hubs, they don't spin easily after only 200ish miles, and already have grease exiting the inside! I'm open for recommendations on good hubs, need them by midweek since there is a show next Saturday I wanna go to. View attachment 157691 View attachment 157692
Mematic_meme_20200919_204504.png

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 11 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I'd check to see what's available locally and go from there.
So far the parts stores have their house brand hubs with the same #513200. AZ are from Chyna, so likely the same for other stores. However, I did find online that Timken makes alot of the house brand hubs and it's a toss up if a Timken is US or not.

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
This is one reason I don't consider the sealed hub/bearing an upgrade. Maybe with actual OE bearings, but the cheapos are too suspect.

Sucks, car is really nice.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
So far the parts stores have their house brand hubs with the same #513200. AZ are from Chyna, so likely the same for other stores. However, I did find online that Timken makes alot of the house brand hubs and it's a toss up if a Timken is US or not.
Timken for the win!

Reactions: 4 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
pushing 10 years ago and many miles I paid wayyyy too much for GM stuffs on my heap.............

Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I recently lost what little faith I had in genuine AC parts. My plow truck likes to eat power steering pump tanks. The tank rusts then leaks, and requires replacement. SO! What does AC Delco do? The send me a RAW METAL pump/tank made in......
you guessed it- Chinee Ding How land.

• Sad
  • Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
On my 83 H/O, did some maintenance and some preventative maintenance. Replaced oil pan gasket, motor mounts, (since they were original and had to come off anyway), but that was after I removed the crossover pipe and broke a bolt in the process. Removed original nylon timing set and installed Cloyes double roller. This job cannot be appreciated untill one has had to loosen and remove and reinstall the f@#$_& accessories drive system on an Olds g body. Not to wish anything bad on engineers,. But I'll shut up now.:blam:

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor