What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Body back on frame with my dads help. Only intentionally dropped it once or twice. That's what the allthread was for. Slid right in place. Gained about an inch or so in height too. :p
together1.jpg

together2.jpg

Noticed how tweaked the body was after comparing frontmost driver and passenger bushings. idk if it's from 35 years of bad bushings, being on 4x4s for 2 months, or what. Doesn't bother me that much.
bushing1.jpg

bushing2.jpg

The passenger side is above the bushing, not behind it.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Body back on frame with my dads help. Only intentionally dropped it once or twice. That's what the allthread was for. Slid right in place. Gained about an inch or so in height too. :p
View attachment 157463
View attachment 157464

Noticed how tweaked the body was after comparing frontmost driver and passenger bushings. idk if it's from 35 years of bad bushings, being on 4x4s for 2 months, or what. Doesn't bother me that much.
View attachment 157465
View attachment 157466

The passenger side is above the bushing, not behind it.

with the great work you did on the frame I can't wait to see what you do with the body and paint... :)

Reactions: 9 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
I didn’t want to but I parked her and disconnected the battery. I picked up all but one piece for my electric fan swap and while I was looking for a place to mount the relay I noticed a rust colored haze all throughout the drivers side of the engine bay.
0D028F79-1FC1-47E6-874E-E0BFCF9C432B.jpeg

coolant reservoir was empty and I realized my water pump finally died. Things leaking down by the pulley and the last time I drove it it must have slung that fluid everywhere and it dried up. So with the long list of other stuff I’ve been meaning to do now that the weather is getting nicer, I decided it’s best to park it and start dumping everything in. New water pump, housing, thermostat, new hoses, belts, and clean the engine while it’s all out. And also do the Blazer brakes upgrade I’ve had for over a year now and change out all my steering and front suspension items as well. It’s going to be a long and expensive Fall/Winter.

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Replaced the plastic bushings in the Comp Plus with a set that came in today. Was easy doing the shifter ones but had to file down the lever ends of the rods cause the bushing wouldn't seat. Then had to get a die out to give me more threads on the 1/2 rod. After all the fun with the Chinese crap that they sell in Hurst packaging these day (& in the past eight years since I bought the shifter & install kit) I found the set of steel bushings that I bought about 25 years ago for spares for my '72's Comp Plus. :doh:Could of done this awhile back & saved a few bucks.

Reactions: 6 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Took a 30 minute drive to a huge cruise earlier. There were easily 500+cars at one point. The Cutlass ran great, have some things to work on, but it's so nice to buzz along at 70mph!!! I have a bunch of spotted pics I'll post up.
20200919_165354.jpg

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
As some of you know Lauren and I took her uncle Tony's 69 W-30 to a car show last week. Well that started a spark like I've never seen before and when I came home from work Friday someone was cleaning there car! She put all the loose parts in a bag in the back seat vacuumed out the interior cut most of the brush growing up around it (with moms kitchen scissors) lol and now I'm being told I need to put tires on it and fix the brake line. I guess this ride is under way! Here's a little before and after.
KIMG1630.JPG
KIMG1631.JPG
KIMG1632.JPG

A lot of time has gone by that I had no time. I guess now it's time to make time. Here's what she did.
KIMG1697.JPG
KIMG1698.JPG
KIMG1699.JPG
KIMG1700.JPG

It's not a ton but it enough to make me take notice. Today I'm going to dig out the H/O wheels so I can mount up some tires that hold air for next weekend. There's some 14s off a Chevelle with brand new tires in the swap meet trailer at the building I think those wheels are going to loose there tires.

• Love
Reactions: 21 users

cjumpman20

n00b
Sep 27, 2018
Installed Some summit Sound Deadener in the El Camino

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg

Attachments

• image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 88
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Sombuddys digging in dad's parts stash! She picked out the nicest 4 wheels if I remember correctly I took the worst 4 for the other car because I was painting them.
KIMG1701.JPG

Now she's out in the backyard scrubbing them clean for tire installation next Sunday.
KIMG1703.JPG

I don't have the heart to tell her she doesn't need to she's just to happy working on it.
KIMG1704.JPG

I knew some day she would take an interest, I'm happy she finally did before the car disappears in the mud. Looks like she's going to be doing a lot more dad time.
KIMG1705.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 22 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I got a good deal on a Blackvue 650 dash cam so I picked that up and installed it. My mini 806 has a problem with the usb port so I'm going to change the port and put it in the Jeep so each car will have one. I find the 806 GPS not to be very accurate so it should be ok cause the Jeep is slow so the GPS should be able to keep up.... :popcorn:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor