What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Hooked brakelines up. Prop valve leaked. Screamed a little. Tightened lines a few times, seems to have fixed itself. Still gotta install the rear brake lines, but the lines I made a few years ago aren't playing nice, so they're soaking in PB over night.

Also ran the headlight harness, installed a new transmission mount and undercoated the top of the gas tank. The can says dont use under 70*f, and I'll be damned if that's not the case. 5 hours after spraying, still as wet as it was when sprayed. I let it sit in the garage over night, hopefully it cures by then. Probably not. :/

PS: anyone have a pic or know how that damn clip for the washer pump installs?

Reactions: 3 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Hooked brakelines up. Prop valve leaked. Screamed a little. Tightened lines a few times, seems to have fixed itself. Still gotta install the rear brake lines, but the lines I made a few years ago aren't playing nice, so they're soaking in PB over night.

Also ran the headlight harness, installed a new transmission mount and undercoated the top of the gas tank. The can says dont use under 70*f, and I'll be damned if that's not the case. 5 hours after spraying, still as wet as it was when sprayed. I let it sit in the garage over night, hopefully it cures by then. Probably not. :/

Undercoating takes months to "dry"/cure. It then starts to fall off.

Reactions: 1 users

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ

I went back and looked but the photos I took when I replaced mine a while back dont show the clip installed. The L-shaped clip has a side with a piece sticking up. Slide the clip in from the side inside of the opening and it'll snap in place. The piece of the clip sticking up will press against the little window you pushed it in to and secure the pump to the assembly. I know thats clear as mud. When I looked at it on the bench I didnt think itd work but when applying that, it snapped in just fine.

383_GrandPrix

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
GP, check response #2388 in this thread. In the middle photo, there is a pin or set screw at the end of the lower piece of the steering shaft.
Are talking about this screw here? If so it should only stop the shaft from over extending and coming apart, it should not stop it from collapsing.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1277424473.jpg
    Snapchat-1277424473.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 106
  • Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 8 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Installed the rear brake lines. All brake lines are 100% new now. Took some bending and tweaking but they fit good enough. Tank is in. Should be on the ground running this weekend. It was 70*f today. Freakin me out. Last year christmas was 65*. And a hurricane this year.

iowa's ****in weird man.

Reactions: 5 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Installed the rear brake lines. All brake lines are 100% new now. Took some bending and tweaking but they fit good enough. Tank is in. Should be on the ground running this weekend. It was 70*f today. Freakin me out. Last year christmas was 65*. And a hurricane this year.

iowa's ****in weird man.
Perfect burnout weather

• Agree

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Splashed some 91 in the tank to dilute the e85 for winter and took the 2+2 for a jaunt to the hardware store and on a couple errands. 74 degrees today in November, can't let the car sit!

Had a guy in the parking lot at Menards ask if it was a firebird and I had to explain how it's a Grand Prix and done for nascar. I think he still thought it was a 3rd gen at the end haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Started wiring up for electric fans. Mounted the relay bracket to the empty space in front of the core support. I’ll need to check good clearance and adjust accordingly. Also wired up part of the harness, still waiting on more split loom and some adaptors and temp sensor to trigger the relay. Otherwise most is in place.
5B1E728B-D582-4EF4-A98A-A76C791332CD.jpeg

6D5F9247-E4AD-4A03-B88D-D32417EA619D.jpeg

79CFAF2A-2DC0-4835-B061-78B933C3D9DC.jpeg

617F6CB3-2CCA-4582-8C7E-7CC474D2BCE4.jpeg

Reactions: 11 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor