What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I tacked the bracket back to the trans dipstick tube reinstalled with a bit of rtv, hooked up more things, attempted to bleed brakes.

I tried to see if it would crank, no go.

screamed a little

I had no interior lights, only idiot lights, brake lights, and turn signals. nothing else. no cranking either. Found two wires in the starter harness (purple and one of the reds) pulled out of an old connection. Re did those with a far better set of crimpers and it cranks. Alls I need is to add some fuel and it might run again. Still got to clean it out, reinstall the wipers, some trim, the radio, hvac controls, etc for an impending 750 mile round trip to wisconsin to pick up a set of fenders.

Why the **** am I taking the regal you may ask? Out of all the car's available to me, it is by far the most reliable. *knock on wood*. I can't trust my truck will make to the mcdonalds down the street without some kind of issue, the saturn is a POS and isn't in my name (it's my dads), as well as the nissan. So, regal it is. I've driven it 5 hours straight before, I've taken it to nebraska a few times, namely to get my wheels. But that being said I will try to talk someone into going with me as well as bringing tools and a spare tire, jug of water, etc.
Somebody's been watching Roadkill again! Are you going to change your fenders there, leave your old ones, and drive back? Good luck to you.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Decided to test fit the X pipe yesterday, it fits....
386FF0A3-678B-4C45-8522-E2C5F2673A6F.jpeg

F9DF4997-330C-4F83-97BB-4A333674A614.jpeg

...rather snugly
A0A75E99-0E66-4D0A-84A2-142208DB519A.jpeg

Debating on wether or not to keep the 2.5 inch single chambers, or hacking them off to fit some flavor of Black Widows later. Either way, I’m happy with how it fits, although I need to hook a ratchet strap on the front of it, it’s a tad too wide for my headers.

And I took delivery of these on Thursday, courtesy of Southside Machine Performance. Beer gut makes a surprise cameo
31FAB45D-236D-4097-AF56-5FF0FD0A4F6D.jpeg

:banana:

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I went to see what I could find with the GP this afternoon after getting it flatbedded last Sunday. In the morning I was busy getting some winter rubber for the Jeep. I could not find the source of the grinding noise but the clutch pedal has a serious vibration when the throw out bearing contacts the fingers on the pressure plate. The vibrations would disappear pushing further on the pedal and it went into gear no problem and releasing the pedal the clutch worked fine. So I put the GP up on stands and removed the pressure plate and clutch. Getting the transmission out the Iceman transmission support was easy, didn't even have to disconnect the exhaust at the collectors. The pressure plate looks good, the clutch disk looks good and the Mcleod throw out bearing looks good. All the fingers on the pressure plate have identical markings where the throw out bearing applies pressure. I'll take another look at the parts tomorrow and try to figure out what is going on..... :popcorn:

Reactions: 3 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I went to see what I could find with the GP this afternoon after getting it flatbedded last Sunday. In the morning I was busy getting some winter rubber for the Jeep. I could not find the source of the grinding noise but the clutch pedal has a serious vibration when the throw out bearing contacts the fingers on the pressure plate. The vibrations would disappear pushing further on the pedal and it went into gear no problem and releasing the pedal the clutch worked fine. So I put the GP up on stands and removed the pressure plate and clutch. Getting the transmission out the Iceman transmission support was easy, didn't even have to disconnect the exhaust at the collectors. The pressure plate looks good, the clutch disk looks good and the Mcleod throw out bearing looks good. All the fingers on the pressure plate have identical markings where the throw out bearing applies pressure. I'll take another look at the parts tomorrow and try to figure out what is going on..... :popcorn:
Got the throwout bearing a little tight? I have the Speedway setup tool that works pretty well.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
got it running last night. sounds so ****in good. wouldn't idle. took the carb apart, found out why:

Apparently charlie sheen has been hiding his coke in my carburetor.

****in ethanol man. sh*t should be outlawed.

Attachments

• 124117971_659708034728331_59052534356278023_n.jpg
    124117971_659708034728331_59052534356278023_n.jpg
    847.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Got the throwout bearing a little tight? I have the Speedway setup tool that works pretty well.
the bearing is set up right, there is a gap between the bearing and the fingers. One thing I forgot to check is if there is play with the clutch disk and the splines on the input shaft.

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

and I should have mentioned there was very little metal that came out with the transmission fluid so that's a good sign....:banana:

Last edited:

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I only brought it up because I had to RTV my bearing to the throwout. The McLeod RST only needs .440-.445 throw compared to the .75 RAM bearing throw, so I had about 1/4" free play.
Is the pressure plate or flywheel glazed?

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I only brought it up because I had to RTV my bearing to the throwout. The McLeod RST only needs .440-.445 throw compared to the .75 RAM bearing throw, so I had about 1/4" free play.
Is the pressure plate or flywheel glazed?
no not glazed but I got a better look today oil got to it but the there was no chatter or slipping. I have a new oil pan, new pump and new crank seals to go on it this winter. I hope you guys knew I was only joking about not much metal coming out with the transmission oil... I was looking for any carbon fiber though from the rings in the transmission but the rings are still holding together.... :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor