What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta put some ends on the wires & use a better stud & nut junction. A little diabolical grease on it for protection. Even shrink tube the crimps.
Yeah I was planning to do some work to the junction block/wires since it looks to be melting from the bad ground, I am hoping this is my solution for the weird starting issues. But def doing what you said, I believe I threw that together on the side of the road when the previous setup failed leaving it stranded. Was really just a band-aid for it to be able to be driven back but forgot to go back and redo it.

Did some mock up on the 'ralley' wheels recently purchased.

I was initially optimistic but the longer I stared @ it they'll prob be returned. The extra .500" outboard makes a big difference in clearance when this low. With the 15x8" steelie on there @ 4.25"BS, the 255 barely kisses the quarter skin above the current slightly trimmed wheel well lip. The 9.5" wheel comes w/a 5.25"BS & is just going to be too tight on the outside (it's tight on the inside as well but the rail can always be notched). The wheel well lip can be trimmed maybe .250" more but the tire is tucked within the opening & trimming back the lip only means it will hit what's above it sooner.

I was hoping these would work. They would have if only 9" w/5.25"BS for the rear. I wasn't in love w/them or anything but they had a period correct look as far as wheel type & the price was very friendly. Return them & continue the search for now I guess....

Attachments

• 20210815_141112.jpg
    20210815_141112.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 117
  • 20210815_141125.jpg
    20210815_141125.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 20210815_140846.jpg
    20210815_140846.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 20210815_140828.jpg
    20210815_140828.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 20210815_140820.jpg
    20210815_140820.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 20210815_141331.jpg
    20210815_141331.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 20210815_150645.jpg
    20210815_150645.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 118
My wife and I took the 307 out and put in a 91 454 & 4L80e trans in a 83 Cutlass. We started last year, but life got in the way via a "widow maker" heart attack and a quadruple by-pass. I/we are blessed as I am in good health and have started back on the Olds. I am hoping that other G body folks have done this and I am looking for your feedback. Jack & Oleta...............

I’ll take some pics tomorrow but I finally got around to swapping that passenger window motor. Still trying to get over the “C word”. It’s mostly been fatigue and nausea so it’s made it difficult to stay out in the heat.

Gotta love those "Inside the ballpark home runs". Had my own heart attack almost 20 years ago now and when they did get in there and check things out they found three totally blocked and the fourth about half way there, hence the expression I used. Surgical team put me back together and the post-op team tried to kill me again!!

On a more serious note, if the Rehab says, walk; WALK. Do the laps, put in the steps, do the miles. I flat guarantee they will hurt at first but your heart needs the exercise or you are in for more bad ju-ju. I still work part time and this job has a lot of walking attached to it. Bonus for me.

Nick

DSCN2898.JPG

Some of you may have seen this shot as part of a four pic posting that appeared over in the Non-G forum. As noted over there, this is an extension that I designed and fabricated out of a scrap piece of aluminum plate. it's original application was as a throttle cable extennsion for the Holley that used to reside on the intake in my G-10 Van. This spring it got retired from that position but............................

In checking the how the throttle cable is going to mate to the carb and intake on the motor that I just dropped in my M/Carlo i discovered that I was about an inch to short in terms of cable length. The cable did fit, but that was with a different motor and a different cable bracket. A bracket swap was eyeballed but discarded because it would move the cable anchoring point too far forward, creating slop and slack in the pedal. No joy there but did recall to mind this little item that had just been furloughed and would therefore be available to try out for a new location and position; SOJ-JADE. (Same Old Job-Just a Different Employer). The sordid details, what I chose to include of them, as to how it was created, are posted over on the Non-G forum. Not going to repeat them here, waste of space better suited for other posters.

As always, if the camera is handy, I may take a minute or two to pop a few pics of how it all goes together; MAYBE.....................................

Nick

After some phone and text conversations, I begrudgingly put the Cutlass back on jackstands and pulled the driveshaft. There should only be an inch of yoke exposed, but mine has just over 2". I knew it was 1" too short but thought it'd be ok. I called the diesel shop, they said bring it in and they'll fix it. Gotta drop it off tomorrow, hopefully get it back early next week.
20210817_065751.jpg
20210817_173238.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor