What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
After some phone and text conversations, I begrudgingly put the Cutlass back on jackstands and pulled the driveshaft. There should only be an inch of yoke exposed, but mine has just over 2". I knew it was 1" too short but thought it'd be ok. I called the diesel shop, they said bring it in and they'll fix it. Gotta drop it off tomorrow, hopefully get it back early next week.View attachment 181856View attachment 181857

I Have Spoken GIF by IMDb

While the shaft is off at the shop, maybe take a minute and make sure all that extra movement didn't do any damage to the output shaft seal. With the shaft out it is a cheap date to do a seal swap right now. Putting it all back together, going for a drive, and then finding a "blot marks the spot" under the car just beneath the yoke and the tail shaft housing after the vehicle has sat for a bit would be a downright bummer.

Nick

While the shaft is off at the shop, maybe take a minute and make sure all that extra movement didn't do any damage to the output shaft seal. With the shaft out it is a cheap date to do a seal swap right now. Putting it all back together, going for a drive, and then finding a "blot marks the spot" under the car just beneath the yoke and the tail shaft housing after the vehicle has sat for a bit would be a downright bummer.

Nick
I checked it and it looks fine. Trans and slip yoke came from a 2500 series van, it has some wild looking seal on it!

I’ll take some pics tomorrow but I finally got around to swapping that passenger window motor. Still trying to get over the “C word”. It’s mostly been fatigue and nausea so it’s made it difficult to stay out in the heat.
Please DO NOT get overheated or exhausted DSPbuilt, cause we need all the hot rodders to stick around forever!!! Jack & Oleta.

After some phone and text conversations, I begrudgingly put the Cutlass back on jackstands and pulled the driveshaft. There should only be an inch of yoke exposed, but mine has just over 2". I knew it was 1" too short but thought it'd be ok. I called the diesel shop, they said bring it in and they'll fix it. Gotta drop it off tomorrow, hopefully get it back early next week.View attachment 181856View attachment 181857
How'd that happen, injected cutty? I'm having a new drive shaft made as we speak, for my 83 Cutlass with an 4L80e trans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor