What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
After some phone and text conversations, I begrudgingly put the Cutlass back on jackstands and pulled the driveshaft. There should only be an inch of yoke exposed, but mine has just over 2". I knew it was 1" too short but thought it'd be ok. I called the diesel shop, they said bring it in and they'll fix it. Gotta drop it off tomorrow, hopefully get it back early next week.View attachment 181856View attachment 181857
Never Ends GIF by Better Call Saul

F#&%in car.... what can't it ever be happy.

🤣🤣🤣

So they are going to remove the existing front yoke and sub in one with a longer body? How will that affect the ability of the drive shaft to resist the amount of torque you plan to throw at it?

Nick

So they are going to remove the existing front yoke and sub in one with a longer body? How will that affect the ability of the drive shaft to resist the amount of torque you plan to throw at it?

Nick
That was the original plan but it was advised against by multiple respectable sources. They'll cut the weld yokes and install a longer tube, reweld and balance. The invoice shows they made the error, and are fixing it accordingly.

That was the original plan but it was advised against by multiple respectable sources. They'll cut the weld yokes and install a longer tube, reweld and balance. The invoice shows they made the error, and are fixing it accordingly.
Thats a win!

removed the old oil pressure gauge and copper line that I had stuffed under my dash because the gauge's mounting bezel broke. was able to find a plug for the "spot" on the motor near the distributor that the copper line threaded to. Not the sexiest project, but happy to get this cleaned up. No, I do not have an oil pressure now. Yes that does concern me. I have been eyeing the Dakota Digital kit as my current cluster is a mess with broken needles and parts.

Took the wagon to T-ball. And then did a series of rolling burnouts on the way home.

To which Tatiana said: Daddy, why do keep doing that? Are you trying to get in trouble with the police?

Nah, kiddo - just because it is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor