What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust a child to get right to the heart of the matter and ignore the opportunity to watch an adult at play and having "FUN".

Nick

She is her mother's daughter.

With the tip in on the G-10 now sorted out I can go back to messing with the 85's rear end. Plan is to de-mummify it and see if the Evaporust had any appreciable impact on the amount of rust and crud that had coated the unit. First item on the a-genda is to, as noted elsewhere, give my G-10 a bath, soap and water and lots of scrubbing and a ladder for the roof.

Gave some thought to the matter and elected to put that shock tower mounted frame brace from UMI on order. Went for black so it will blend in with the existing paint work. Still have to decide about the lower control arm braces. I am not street or road racing this vehicle but I do want it to be a little more solid feeling that what the factory came up with. Found a local source for KYB shocks who claims his price is +/- = 30.00 a pop That sounds way too cheap considering Bilsteins are a buck and a half with tax apiece.

Nick

Reactions: 83MonteCarloSS
Put Olds Cool in its first real show and shine Sunday (thanks Covid and home renovations).
Yeah I know, yawn chair olympics, but the local car community hasn’t really seen the car yet, and I was jonesing to get it out.

Weather started out a little chilly and sketchy with the chance of rain, but it smartened up nicely as the morning wore on. The sun came out, the clouds burned off, and it turned into a beautiful day.

Reaction to the car was very positive, lots of nice comments and it garnered its fair share of attention. Didn’t get many pictures, but I did grab a few.

BFF9BAED-7007-4FDA-AB56-6F7EBCE47704.jpeg

A92B46B8-DB59-4C08-9E8E-7FEAB83A9E21.jpeg

6B5A73A9-BA73-468A-BF73-9B4B6646FB05.jpeg

9D363A6D-5DFC-4452-A73C-B4B1CF413EC6.jpeg

4C1FAE7D-574F-4C8D-A1CE-94C0516924E5.jpeg

Put Olds Cool in its first real show and shine Sunday (thanks Covid and home renovations).
Yeah I know, yawn chair olympics, but the local car community hasn’t really seen the car yet, and I was jonesing to get it out.

Weather started out a little chilly and sketchy with the chance of rain, but it smartened up nicely as the morning wore on. The sun came out, the clouds burned off, and it turned into a beautiful day.

Reaction to the car was very positive, lots of nice comments and it garnered its fair share of attention. Didn’t get many pictures, but I did grab a few.

View attachment 182292

View attachment 182293

View attachment 182294

View attachment 182295

View attachment 182296
Saw the pics earlier on IG. I can get over how good your car looks! 😍

Reactions: Rktpwrd
Got it pretty well ironed out between Friday and Saturday, once my buddy got the tune fixed up some and running better I figured I might as well rerig up my seat so that it isn't so uncomfortable to drive. Then got my buddy to cruise around a little in his Malibu with me, felt bad once he left he told me apparently the gremlin jumped from the Monte to the Malibu since his 5.3 was only running on 6 cylinders after our drive. The next day I took it to Steel Citys Finest and a bit of a cruise after the family reunion, was nice to get a lot of good reactions from it again but most times I try to avoid the eye contact because it seems everyone has something to say
20210821_164038.jpg
20210821_160707.jpg
20210821_103410.jpg
20210821_103402.jpg
20210821_103358.jpg

Broken chair mounting tab means off to either the stash, the salvage yard, or the welder.

Nick

Finally got around finish the new cable to the starter and from the battery to the block. I routed the starter lead through the front with a 90* terminal seems like it’s further from the header now. Also found the starter signal wire had a loose butt connector. Finished the kilmat and threw the carpet i there so it can sort get some shape.

Attachments

• 23F17F43-C920-48CE-8AC3-EDD15E1D8A59.jpeg
    23F17F43-C920-48CE-8AC3-EDD15E1D8A59.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor