motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I started removing the front clip to test the fit of the modified fenders w/the taller inner tubs. I plan to do the PASS side first as the A/C case is a big concern. I got the Heat only conversion box 2wks ago in case that direction is required.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Just curious, what's the point of a motown block anyway? Are good quality sbc bottom ends cheaper/better than LS stuff? LS heads significantly better then SBC stuff?
Cheap heads and valve train assembly on a short block capable of 2000hp on a Motown LS.

Upsides - Taller deck allows for easy 3.875 and 4" stoke - basically an easy way to make a 414-434 cubic inch motor. Roughly the same price as a Dart SHP, but tougher. Can use with a stock GM HEI and carb if you want.

Downsides - the pistons aren't cheap - pretty much $800-1000's and a custom cam made by only one company - Erson.

But the cam is made and ground to whatever spec you desire.

I'd like to crank it up, but my son daily drives it in the summer. So it stays in the 800ish hp range. I've tried to trade hiom a 5000mile 6.2 for it and let pops put a couple of S475's on it - no deal yet though ;) :0

World Products also makes a SBC Motown block that is equivalant to Dart Little M

• Informative
  • In Love
Reactions: 10 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Cheap heads and valve train assembly on a short block capable of 2000hp on a Motown LS.

Upsides - Taller deck allows for easy 3.875 and 4" stoke - basically an easy way to make a 414-434 cubic inch motor. Roughly the same price as a Dart SHP, but tougher. Can use with a stock GM HEI and carb if you want.

Downsides - the pistons aren't cheap - pretty much $800-1000's and a custom cam made by only one company - Erson.

But the cam is made and ground to whatever spec you desire.

I'd like to crank it up, but my son daily drives it in the summer. So it stays in the 800ish hp range. I've tried to trade hiom a 5000mile 6.2 for it and let pops put a couple of S475's on it - no deal yet though ;) :0

World Products also makes a SBC Motown block that is equivalant to Dart Little M
Aroused Hard Ons GIF

Sounds like a winner, other than the cam situation.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Sounds like a winner, other than the cam situation.
It took a week to get a cam. They mentioned that is the normal lead time - probably more now due to Covid excuses. The cost was equivalant to a Comp roller.

Little known fact that Erson grinds cams and has done it for a long time.

Reactions: 2 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
It took a week to get a cam. They mentioned that is the normal lead time - probably more now due to Covid excuses. The cost was equivalant to a Comp roller.

Little known fact that Erson grinds cams and has done it for a long time.
Thats pretty cool. I'd still go Gen 6 bbc before but thats a pretty cool none the less.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Thats pretty cool. I'd still go Gen 6 bbc before but thats a pretty cool none the less.
BBC cubic dollars per HP. SB World or Dart will be a third of the money for 1500ish HP. But the BB will have waaay more potential.

Reactions: 1 users

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
Broke my Hurst out yesterday and took it to the carwash today...enough snow melted to get it out of the backyard

Attachments

• 20210225_185817.jpg
    20210225_185817.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 103
Reactions: 7 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
BBC cubic dollars per HP. SB World or Dart will be a third of the money for 1500ish HP. But the BB will have waaay more potential.
I found one last night, cheap... turned it down so I don't change directions again. The lord be tempting me with the sins lately....

200.gif

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor