What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Yelled and cussed at my own stupidity

Wanted to try to fit some seats into my car, because the factory buckets suck. Bought seats a few years back and just stored them... Finally getting around to throwing them in... Not gonna work, footprint is simply too wide.

So now I have 2 front bucket that I have to somehow sell off... Which no one is gonna buy....

$400 lesson I won't make again.

That being said, anyone have any recommendations for aftermarket seats that have sliders / or can have sliders, that hinge forward to let people in the back seat?

I had good luck with early W body buckets in my GP.

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Yelled and cussed at my own stupidity

Wanted to try to fit some seats into my car, because the factory buckets suck. Bought seats a few years back and just stored them... Finally getting around to throwing them in... Not gonna work, footprint is simply too wide.

So now I have 2 front bucket that I have to somehow sell off... Which no one is gonna buy....

$400 lesson I won't make again.

That being said, anyone have any recommendations for aftermarket seats that have sliders / or can have sliders, that hinge forward to let people in the back seat?
I had some ebay specials in my Cutlass for years that came in black vinyl. They looked nice, comfortable, and reclined/tilted as needed. I mounted them to the factory sliders so they sat a bit high.
I just bought/installed new Procar Elite's a couple months ago. They have vehicle specific sliders that could use some tweaking, but I didn't feel like messing with them. One pic is the GBOTM pic, but here are seats from other angle...
20210305_170808.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
I really like your interior, I am going all black as well. Your car overall is very clean. Those look very comfy and I've looked them up a few times. Was just hoping I would be able to make the ones I bought work because everything is manual, up - down, front - back, lumbar, recline and the best feature of all was the seat belt loop/holder was the seat back release to unlock it, tilt full forward and unlock seat track and slide forward all by lifting that seat belt loop on the shoulder of the seat ... But they just won't fit..

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
Well I finally got the news today. The SBC 350 is-a-go! Technician said there is some debris or some stuff they can see in the Valley, and I was asked if they could pull the intake off to clean it out, I agreed, and tomorrow I will be contacting them again to setup when to pick up the Malibu. But the information on how the engine sounded was vague, I am told the Technician is happy with the engine. I guess I'll find out when I get it.

Soon! . . . . :banana:
20201123_121629(1).jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 10 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 1 user

butch2427

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 15, 2020
Chattaroy, WA
Save these GBODY's from becoming derby cars! (not my ad)
Spokane, Wa area

Craigslist link:

derby cars.JPG

• Sad

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
Got a call while at work from the shop today. They tore the engine down a bit for cleaning and discovered allot of sludge and dirty oil on the bottom. Suggestion is to replace the Connecting Rod Bearings, eliminating what just happened to the Malibu's 229 V6 . . A Spun Bearing. I agreed to the replacement bearings. I did inquire about the Crankshaft, they tell me its fine. Going to be some time next week the car itself goes to the shop.

Reactions: 2 users

Tomicamino

Greasemonkey
Supporting Member
Aug 27, 2019
Finland
Where on God's green Earth did you find that setup?

Here are some articles on it:
Found it on ebay 3 years ago, electronics was broken, fixed that and replaced injectors with help from Bruce at auto-nomicks, have been running 2 years with it, first year with gas, then with ethanol, 305 engine, making 365hp

Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor