Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

-dw-

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2021
Central MN
Woke my Olds up from its winter slumber. Cruised around abit and snapped some pics at the local pioneer club grounds.

F7F69D09-D74E-4956-9BF7-4E7C2E3AE859.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I hung the pass side fender to check some clearances for the taller wheel tub/s. Going to have to either remove the a/c case or whittle some off under the blower motor to clear the taller position of the wheel tub. So, like MotorheadMike, I did a lot of looking & staring. I'll think on it for a few days & make the decision on which path to take.

Reactions: 4 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Finally replaced bulbs to LEDs and installed a Vacuum Gage. The vac gauge is incandescent so I have to figure out how to adpt an LED. Why some gages still use the old incandescent sockets is beyond me. I think I will use a 194 type socket and just stick it in the hole!
1617672176448.png

Reactions: 4 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Got the car up on ramps to figure out where my transmission leak is coming from. It looks like it has been leaking from both the front of the pan seal and the input shaft seal. I had already changed the input shaft seal and pan gasket before installation, so I double checked the pan bolts and they were all still tight.

At this point, I got a small Allen wrench and ran it through the vent tube at the top of the case. It was kind of hard to get lined up and inserted with one hand, so I couldn't really tell if there was an obstruction by feel, but I got the hose poked out.

What I am hoping has happened is that the case vent at the top of the case was plugged, and it caused the case to pressure up and push fluid past the gasket and seal. I took it for a short trip to see how it would do, and so far so good.

Reactions: 3 users

80/MALIBU/COUPE

Greasemonkey
Feb 17, 2021
TUCSON AZ
Got to clean the inside this weekend
before
BU.jpg

after
A2.jpg

A4.png

going to do some por 15 on the raw/rust spots then keep working on the interior
pulled both quarter windows to replace trim and reseal them found the flanges that the windows sit in were not in line very well so a lil hammer her and there got it alot better got on of the glasses tinted will finish up next week end and put them back in.
A3.jpg
a5.jpg
a7.jpg

a8.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
The Caballero would not start yesterday morning for work, so being a stick shift model, I rolled downhill on the driveway to start it, thinking that I only had a low or bad battery connection. I got to work (dark thirty) and parked, but it would not start again. In the afternoon when I was ready to go home, I found that the small wire to the solenoid had come off. Due to the headers and the heat shield over the starter, I was unable to reattach the wire in my work parking lot. A co-worker helped me push start so I could get home. After things cooled enough that I could get my hands on things, I proceeded to unbolt the starter and reattach the wire. In doing so, I also used a small hose clamp to hold the small wire tight to the large cable so that it would not get pulled out again. A couple of test starts and I am back in business. Started up fine this morning, and I am posting this from my parking lot at work.

Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor