What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Neglected it in the garage and used funds to buy more gun parts... Gun related purchases should be done for a while, back to acquiring interior parts.

Reactions: 5 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Pulled driver's side plugs. 3 5 7 are fine.

1 is wetttttt and sweetish tasting

I have a hunch the HG is leaking here
012-buick-350-camshaft~2.jpg

as that is a common place for post nailhead Buick engines to become very pitted.
That or an intake coolant port leak. I'll take the intake off before I pull the motor. Against my laziness I refuse to do one head gasket. Plus im curious how the engine looks inside.

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Pulled driver's side plugs. 3 5 7 are fine.

1 is wetttttt and sweetish tasting

I have a hunch the HG is leaking here
View attachment 173670
as that is a common place for post nailhead Buick engines to become very pitted.
That or an intake coolant port leak. I'll take the intake off before I pull the motor. Against my laziness I refuse to do one head gasket. Plus im curious how the engine looks inside.
Time to modernize, LS it and throw some Buick jewelry on top to fool the masses. The gasketing tech is far superior

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Pardon my post work thought process, in this case though what would a compression and or leakdown test accomplish? i know there is combustion pressure entering the cooling system. I know what cylinder is being affected on what bank.
I cant detect a leak under the intake... unless it would poot through the carb?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Pardon my post work thought process, in this case though what would a compression and or leakdown test accomplish? i know there is combustion pressure entering the cooling system. I know what cylinder is being affected on what bank.
I cant detect a leak under the intake... unless it would poot through the carb?
leak down should bubble the radiator. it's just confirmation, or go ham and throw parts at it.

Reactions: 2 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Reactions: 1 users

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
A seller from Facebook market and my local area finally came through and delivered the Block he was selling to the shop. Damn me for not getting photo's but. . From the looks of it this .40 over block was thrown together as a possible 383 Race/Drag Engine (Judging from the Studs coming out of the heads.). The seller still has to drop off the Pistons and Caps but I made the purchase fairly cheap. Allot of work will go into it to make it Street-able.

The Engine I originally bought was not rebuilt properly. The bearings though were the right .010 thickness but weren't the right size for the Journals or the connecting rods causing uneven wear, the Shop was also thinking that the Journals were Oblong. Honing and Boring would cost me out the wahzoo! That's why I wanted just to buy another block. and I got one with the possibility of it being a 383. We'll find out soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor