What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick summary of today’s events:
66FE2CA1-3AAE-49A2-BA42-6A458C77F6B7.jpeg

BA3EA5E1-C44B-4A97-BCFF-B60C2FBC9501.jpeg

I’m not sure what happened, but I only had one working spark plug when I went to start it this morning, and while attempting to diagnose that, the starter gave up. At least it runs, and the 16 inch PowerSticks that Mike recommended make this thing practically snarl.

Took it out washed all the dust and pollen off it.
Took the kids out for a rip! They love when I do burnouts and little pulls with them. Started taking some the front apart but most of my tools are at work.
80524B62-7B94-44E7-A3E8-2BB6A9333698.jpeg

Had her out again Friday and Saturday with the boys and one of the buddys gf for a couple shows, this is why I get nothing done on the Blazer. While out come to realize my head unit is now putting out no sound, had to get back into it anyways to test the one that isn't working. But also got told that my one muffler was bouncing off the ground, so it appears Maytide won this battle. Will have to see what I gotta do to fix that
20210522_132537.jpg
20210522_112756.jpg
20210521_185824.jpg
20210521_223217.jpg

Last edited:
Core support set on the frame. The driver side re-pop fender was hung & taller tub was temp put in place to verify clearances. Everything looks good w/the exception of the aftermarket fender fit. It sucks. If I align @ the door, I'm way high @ the core support. One of the lower holes for the core support to lower fender flange is about 1/2 off as well. I'm going to swap in another OE fender to determine if it's the fender or assembly of things.

Regardless.... The tubs clear on both sides so that means moving forward on the fabrication to finish their install.

Attachments

• 20210523_181455.jpg
    20210523_181455.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 20210523_181520.jpg
    20210523_181520.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 91
Core support set on the frame. The driver side re-pop fender was hung & taller tub was temp put in place to verify clearances. Everything looks good w/the exception of the aftermarket fender fit. It sucks. If I align @ the door, I'm way high @ the core support. One of the lower holes for the core support to lower fender flange is about 1/2 off as well. I'm going to swap in another OE fender to determine if it's the fender or assembly of things.

Regardless.... The tubs clear on both sides so that means moving forward on the fabrication to finish their install.
Wanna make a second set of those?... Lol

Finally got the keys made for the column I got from Kevin in the fall to find out it has a '82 J code lock. Maybe they put it in because it was going to Iraq? Any Iraqi Taxi owners have a J code instead of a E code ignition key?

Reactions: MalibuDavyou5
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor