What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
BRAKE SWAP ... mocked and 95% installed the c5 swap . went very smooth , still have and want to toss the hub in a brake lathe and true up the grinder cut and tapper the outter most edge to fully seat in the hat of the rotor, longer wheel studs, new bearings and seals . paint . but over all very happy used c5/c6 calipers and rotors.. and umi install bracket kit .. and i also did this in the car cause i didnt want to fight it moving around.

1622558922798.png

1622558937087.png

OKAY LETS CUT .. USED A SAWZ ALL AND SOME WD-40 CUT IT LIKE BUTTER LIL GRINDER TO SMOOTH IT OUT ALIL

1622558953955.png
1622559039687.png

drill and tap holes x4

1622558987400.png

1622558998147.png

BOLT ON FIT.. WENT GREAT
1622559020820.png

1622559074474.png

ROTOR HUB CUT DOWN
NEED TO TOSS THEM ON THE LATHE TO TRUE UP THE CUT AND TAPPER THE OUTTER EDGE TO PROPERLY SIT IN ON THE ROTOR

1622559091452.png

1622559099056.png

SITS ALL THE WAY TO THE OUT SID

1622559109306.png

TAPPER HERE TO GET THAT FLAT MOUNT

1622559115518.png

MOCKED AND SPINNING FREELY

1622559127812.png

1622559145063.png

I bought Belltech 2” drop spindles and 2” drop rear coils and dropped the Monte. While in there I replaced the ball joints, tie rods, rotors and brake pads. Turned out good. One issue I had was the outer tie rod was just barely rubbing the inside of the tires. I had to buy .391 shims for the front for some spacing and then 1/2 inch longer wheel studs. Fortunately the auto parts store had those in stock. When I get new wheels maybe I can get a different offset so I don’t need to run the shims.
6CDB02B3-97EB-4151-9001-8706FBD3DFCC.jpeg

I bought Belltech 2” drop spindles and 2” drop rear coils and dropped the Monte. While in there I replaced the ball joints, tie rods, rotors and brake pads. Turned out good. One issue I had was the outer tie rod was just barely rubbing the inside of the tires. I had to buy .391 shims for the front for some spacing and then 1/2 inch longer wheel studs. Fortunately the auto parts store had those in stock. When I get new wheels maybe I can get a different offset so I don’t need to run the shims.
View attachment 176841
Might want to check caliper clearance to the UCA at full lock. It's an issue with the Blazer brakes and drop spindles.

Might want to check caliper clearance to the UCA at full lock. It's an issue with the Blazer brakes and drop spindles.
i don't have any experience with the blazer brakes but i know first hand one of the draw backs to the dropped spindle is they do locate the outer tie rod much closer to the rim/tire.

i don't have any experience with the blazer brakes but i know first hand one of the draw backs to the dropped spindle is they do locate the outer tie rod much closer to the rim/tire.
I was worried about those things, I still need to do some more searching to see what big brake kits I can use with belltech dropped spindles

I stayed with the stock calipers. She stops great with them in my opinion. I did look into the blazer calipers but it seemed like to much hassle.

Reactions: MalibuDavyou5
Removed the header panel. Pulled the front bumper out some. It took a hit while in storage and collapsed the driver bumper shock.
I feel like ordering a tubular rad support and aluminum bumper mounts. Also turns out I have the aluminum inner Structure.

Oh yea and I also played with the Holley a got the 2-step wired up 🤣

ACDD7C35-D546-4EC3-8D65-2F0834A28907.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor