What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
TOSSED THE HUBS ON THE LATHE AT WORK ..

1622652209465.png

1622652217938.png

I was worried about those things, I still need to do some more searching to see what big brake kits I can use with belltech dropped spindles
keep in mind it's all relative pin height.pin being the treaded portion of the spindle that the bearing rides on.picture the wheel and brake assembly being RAISED up two inches.thats how the tie rod to wheel clearance becomes an issue,it's no longer in the WIDEST area of the inside of the wheel but toward lower portion that's heading downward and forward.

I want one of those calendar's, if not several. But they sold out before I returned to the forum after being absent for numerous years. Maybe next year.

On my Regal I didn't like how the GNX flares fit (gaps between the flare and body) or how they mount with welting (which I didn't use) so I decided to make them part of the car so I used 3M panelbond to mount them and then small screws that I countersunk and then filled the holes with panelbond, I have them sanded but only had time to paint one so far.
IMG_20210604_200529779.jpg
IMG_20210604_200541264 (1).jpg

Was visiting the body at the in-laws to see what I should put on the sheet metal shopping list. Think I'll have to order up a drivers half pan to cut it up for what I'll need to fix & maybe a drivers rear lower quarter patch unless I can find a good section off a doner car. Then looking at the parts car frame I have under the body I saw a good sized chunk missing out of the front cover plate of the steering box. 😕 I have no idea on how that happened or what would of made that hole. Decided to check out the tag on the doners TH200 4R on the frame to see it's a RF code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor