What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took delivery of a GbodyParts interior paint kit:
C623CB6A-238B-4BE5-AB90-FB28245626CC.jpeg

Tested all 4 cans for consistency right on the bubble wrap that came in the box. My truck is full of interior parts to offload, so hopefully I’ll be able to get all of what I need painted by Saturday. Oh and I put the Holley back on, runs ok but even with the choke plate on the right way it still floods out the primaries with it closed. So the plate will go on a shelf. And I threw on the SS airbox to convince myself I made progress for one day.

Pulled the wagon out and proceeded to break the now more strict stunting laws with my oldest watching from the front seat. Why? Because freedom of expression - that's why.

Also, because it's fun.

I modified my driver side collector for the El Camino. I had already modified the trans crossmember to run 2 1/2 inch pipe but had to cut/fit/weld 45 degree bends in the pipe to get it away from the shifter cable connection on the TH350. I also started reassembling a 1980 Quadrajet after letting it soak for a couple of days and scrubbing it clean. It may have future home on a factory aluminum Z28 intake under the hood of my '78 Monte Carlo...

Any upgrades to the alternator? Im leaning towards doing this but want to make sure my CS alternator can handle it, mostly on startup.
I went to 100 amp Powermaster alternator on the El Camino. I'm running a 50K volt coil in the HEI distributor and the 63 amp alternator couldn't keep up. I'm back to charging at 13.5 volts now.

Broke it... Hard accel onto the highway and about midway up the ramp. TAP TAP TAP coming from the engine... Revolutionary tap tap tap...

Limped it home, pulled valve covers to see if I had a rocker walk, or a bent pushrod... Nothing visually out of place, too hot currently to touch anything... Just wiggling the rockers I think I lost a couple finger prints.

It sounds valve train related but it's currently too hot to touch and I got a full night without messing with it... Guess I know what I'm doing this week sometime. Trying to run this motor until I gathered all the LS swap parts I needed and rebuild the LS motor, then get started swapping so I had the least amount of down time.
Has it cooled off enough to see what the noise is?

Pulled the wagon out and proceeded to break the now more strict stunting laws with my oldest watching from the front seat. Why? Because freedom of expression - that's why.

Also, because it's fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor