Erson used to grind a LOT of fuel cams

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
So the one day call in managed to become the whole week. Came off rotation today to learn that the local Health Unit had had a total cow about the abrupt rise in active Covid cases so the whole city and district is back in lockdown for no one knows how long. Probably until the next wave comes along. Pretty much given up on ever getting a chance to retrieve all the stuff locked down at the border. AT this rate it will be rust and i will be dead before anything resembling the old normal ever returns.

So tomorrow it will be me, back into my not-so-white bunny suit and back under the Monte to futz around with that back brake line. First item on the agenda though is an O dark hundred banzai run to the supermarket for bread and meat and laundry detergent. Snigger if you want, people are weird about what they grab off the shelves and hoard. If I make my pass almost as soon as they open, I may be able to avoid the Saturday Squirrels and Sheeple.

Nick

Reactions: 2 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I finished yanking the front clip off the car to start the initial test fit of the raised sheet-metal wheel tubs. With all the front sheet-metal off, I took the battery tray over to the shop for a test fit on the modified/mocked-up PASS fender. My revised position on this fender nailed it & the batt tray will still sit in the stock location w/o issue. Judging by the depth of the A/C unit & noting where the stock plastic inner tub is shaped to allow clearance, the accumulator in front of the case will definitely be an issue. I'm going to remove only it for now & see how close things are. It's possible the case might clear under the blower if trimmed slightly. Once the fender is bolted up, I'll have a better idea @ that time. I also brought the stock PASS side tub back over to the shop for side-by-side comparison & confirmed there's a ~2.25" additional amount of clearance vs. the stock set-up.

No images for this round of work though as my phone crapped out earlier in the week. The new one was just put into service today so I should have more next round.....

Reactions: 3 users

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
Not sure if this counts but started driving it as soon as the snow melted enough to drive it out of the backyard where I stored it...was about 10"s deep and started on the first turn of the key. Currently polishing my Summer wheels with a powerball to save some $.

Attachments

• 20210225_185817.jpg
    20210225_185817.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 102
Reactions: 7 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
About to go chop a set of frame rails out...

Reactions: 3 users

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
12 bolts in found the OE brake line is a no go
Read on here about someone using an Astro rear brake line took the original to the auto parts store the Astro Brake line is 3 1/2 inches longer and it’s a go
Thank you to the OP
I think it was in the build thread rustier than I thought still one of my favorites

Attachments

• 282086AC-8CBE-4134-A329-CB471DAFB352.jpeg
    282086AC-8CBE-4134-A329-CB471DAFB352.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
Reactions: 5 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
So the one day call in managed to become the whole week. Came off rotation today to learn that the local Health Unit had had a total cow about the abrupt rise in active Covid cases so the whole city and district is back in lockdown for no one knows how long. Probably until the next wave comes along. Pretty much given up on ever getting a chance to retrieve all the stuff locked down at the border. AT this rate it will be rust and i will be dead before anything resembling the old normal ever returns.

So tomorrow it will be me, back into my not-so-white bunny suit and back under the Monte to futz around with that back brake line. First item on the agenda though is an O dark hundred banzai run to the supermarket for bread and meat and laundry detergent. Snigger if you want, people are weird about what they grab off the shelves and hoard. If I make my pass almost as soon as they open, I may be able to avoid the Saturday Squirrels and Sheeple.

Nick
I believe you can cross the border now, as theres people foolishly taking vacations atm, who are driving back up, to avoid quarantine at the Airport.

Best of luck.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Which explains why Northern/NorthWestern Ontario has been put back into Grey Zone Lockdown for as long as Toronto deems it to be necessary. (Or until Hell finishes its new level meant exclusively for Poli*****ns.)

On crossing the border, other states and adjacent provinces may have elected to soften their rules but between Ontario and the Great Lakes States there is still a 99.5% absolute benediction against cross border transit; the .5 variance covers essential travelers such as truckers. This law is so tight that a wife working here in Thunder Bay as a nurse can't cross the border to visit her husband who lives in upstate Mn,; about a 70 mile trip one way. And the federal minister of health is absolutely indifferent to anything that will ease the existing injunction. For all I know it may never get lifted. Why the very thought of such an action is probably keeping some miserable excuse of a bureaucrap from getting a good night's sleep; never mind the mental anguish and misery to be suffered due to the mere possibility that this particular miscreant could find him/her self, GASP!! Re-assigned due to job elimination. (ROTGaLMAO)

As for my Monte, today ended up being yesterday. Simply put, Friday is normally my designated clean up day; the day that the floor gets beaten by the broom, stuff gets sorted into keep and turf piles, minor tasks get done, you know, housekeeping. Except that, being back in rotation for the day, none of that happened yesterday so it had to happen today. Didn't feel like sliding under the 85 to play with that rear brake line only to get too comfortable and end up having a major nap attack! Consequently that exercise will now be a tomorrow task.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor