Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Started it.

Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Watched it get rained on today, for hours - and was smiling. And it's supposed to rain the next two days as well. Hoping the saltman is done until the next winter season.

Positive note - test-n-tune is scheduled for next weekend - keeping fingers crossed.

Reactions: 5 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Pushed the wagon out, charged the battery, ran it for a little bit, backed it back into the shop. Probably the last time I'll get away with that, no forward pull, and really didn't want to reverse.

Frankly, the car probably isn't worth what it's going to cost to put a fresh engine and trans in it, given the way prices on EVERYTHING are steadily going up. BUT, I'm not ready to send it to a new home yet, so I guess I'm "that guy"...the one that is going to fix it ...someday....kinda.

Got a lot of sorting/discarding/organizing done while it was out of the shop, though. Both benches are now usable, new-to-me cabinets are close to being filled, and I just feel better about being able to move around in there.

Reactions: 4 users

Sodee

Greasemonkey
Feb 1, 2018
Installed 90 degree trans cooler fittings and 6an line fittings.. trans cooler and fan will be under the passenger side floor pan.. I think. The downpipe might be there so I may have to go with putting it under my feet. If I do that, I’ll angle the fittings towards the sky, and route the hose over the trans case

Attachments

• 4932D3BF-CE7D-47D2-8178-60433F404BA1.jpeg
    4932D3BF-CE7D-47D2-8178-60433F404BA1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 76
Reactions: 1 users

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
Took it on a 214 mile round trip , longest drive yet, Did awesome on the interstate even on hills the cruise worked perfect. not sure the the gas mileage yet, Did find that at 60 its 1 MPH slow and at 70 its dead on, so looks like I got lucky with my gov gear pick, only wish I lighted the governor like i talked myself out of doing, but least I have a solid baseline of how it drives with the stock one and 3.42s

Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Installed 90 degree trans cooler fittings and 6an line fittings.. trans cooler and fan will be under the passenger side floor pan.. I think. The downpipe might be there so I may have to go with putting it under my feet. If I do that, I’ll angle the fittings towards the sky, and route the hose over the trans case
Is the forward banjo bolt extended about an 1" or 1.5"?

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Just an FYI, you'll unlikely have space to point the fittings upwards due to the floor. Sometimes a 45° fitting will work better with the banjo style to get the lines forward faster.

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Treated a mongrel spare 7.5 with 7.625 Torsen and 3.73s to a Krylon bath. This is a project for the future, previously posted about trimming used GN axles to fit. Still need to file down 8.5 C-clips to fit. Parted out a 2000 Camaro axle for the brakes and was happy for the bonus treasure I found inside.

6E6361C0-171C-4B92-9582-BE109793D294.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor