What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Made a small tune adjustment in the startup & idle parameters. Seems to have helped.

Out for a little test drive, 82° and sunny.😎
20220415_135314.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I-Cutty, Having the injectors id'd as 2011 Camaro SS helps; only problem now being the total lack of 10 year old Camaro corpses in the local yards. Thing here is that any wreck involving a muscle car usually ends up with the hulk being shipped down east for auction. We don't get a whiff of that action up here. My compadre at the yard explained the whole business and it involves a contract to go out and do the pickups and transport them; apparently there are a lot of performance conditions and clauses and penalties for missing deadlines involved. He refused to get involved with it all.

A Q. here. Would the 2011 LS3 injectors you mentioned be the same as 2010 ones? And by that I mean would they be EV6's? I am asking because I was able to score a harness from a 2010 GM pickup that has the same style injector plugs that match the injector sockets on the injectors that came with the LS6 manifold; for sake of reference I have been calling them LS6 injectors but for the sake of accuracy here I should probably be describing them as being LS3.

Apart from that I Have not had the opportunity to get out to the shop and harvest that sub circuit from the main section as the last two days went from cold and windy to snow/freezing rain/sleet/rain in no particular order. South of me has been getting tornadoes. I had had an advance notice for shift call for yesterday, Wednesday, and told the operations supervisor that I would be free to take a shift today if necessary. Me being polite. This AM just after 0700 the phone rings and "Can you come in?" South is stuck at home out in the county with no power and icy roads. So I spent the day dodging potholes and saltwater showers from passing idiots and ice shrapnel falling from trees; no agendas so that was a plus. Tomorrow is a stat so no shifts. May get the chance to do some harvesting on Saturday.

Nick
So what do you need? Injector or injector harness plugs or both?

From reading some of your recent posts I’m not sure? FWIW, I can pull you stock injectors and harness connectors for little to nothing and send you 20 of each.

Reactions: 1 user

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
Nice set of pictures. Sound for me is so far down the road that it doesn't even get a mention. Suppose I should because doing the rough ins would be simpler with the cabin empty as it is.

Nick
My phone does take good pictures when it wants to. If the cabin is empty definitely rough in the wires and call a day, you won't regret it.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I-Cutty, Having the injectors id'd as 2011 Camaro SS helps; only problem now being the total lack of 10 year old Camaro corpses in the local yards. Thing here is that any wreck involving a muscle car usually ends up with the hulk being shipped down east for auction. We don't get a whiff of that action up here. My compadre at the yard explained the whole business and it involves a contract to go out and do the pickups and transport them; apparently there are a lot of performance conditions and clauses and penalties for missing deadlines involved. He refused to get involved with it all.

A Q. here. Would the 2011 LS3 injectors you mentioned be the same as 2010 ones? And by that I mean would they be EV6's? I am asking because I was able to score a harness from a 2010 GM pickup that has the same style injector plugs that match the injector sockets on the injectors that came with the LS6 manifold; for sake of reference I have been calling them LS6 injectors but for the sake of accuracy here I should probably be describing them as being LS3.

Apart from that I Have not had the opportunity to get out to the shop and harvest that sub circuit from the main section as the last two days went from cold and windy to snow/freezing rain/sleet/rain in no particular order. South of me has been getting tornadoes. I had had an advance notice for shift call for yesterday, Wednesday, and told the operations supervisor that I would be free to take a shift today if necessary. Me being polite. This AM just after 0700 the phone rings and "Can you come in?" South is stuck at home out in the county with no power and icy roads. So I spent the day dodging potholes and saltwater showers from passing idiots and ice shrapnel falling from trees; no agendas so that was a plus. Tomorrow is a stat so no shifts. May get the chance to do some harvesting on Saturday.

Nick
Yes, 2010 would be the same as that's when the LS3 came out. What I was getting at was using 2010 or 2011 for reference at your local stores to source them without going on a wild goose chase.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Did I mention I now have a working antenna after 8 years? The year I bought it one of my friends at school thought it'd be fun to hop up and lie down on the hood and not get off, even after me telling him he would wish he had. Well I decided to floor it and slam on the brakes and by golly he magically teleported to the ground, with my power antenna in his hand. After forcing him to pay for a new parts store one that never worked, it took me 8 years to care enough to swap it with one that works. I think I got it off eBay. It's a standard factory unit. I lost the chrome nut tho so while it's supported by the bracket it's not tied to the top of the fender. :(

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Yo, I-Cutty, good to hear back from you. As far as the correct plugs go, I have them in hand, just that they are still attached to a salvage harness that I had pulled for me from the yard. The current big hold up is at my end. Once I get finished with Easter weekend I can head back into the shop and start figuring out if what I have and what I just scored will talk to each other. If not, I still have the link you sent me for the adapters and with that in hand I can visit that site and buy a set.

I do appreciate the follow up, THANKS.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Finished up building some weatherpacks on Cory's Monte yesterday morning to power his dual aeromotive pumps for the LSA blower upgrade. I knew we were close, then yesterday afternoon he sent me a video of it running!
Went over this morning for a bit to make sure the fuel regulator was set right, help double check for leaks, etc.
Y'all, this Gilmer drive setup makes this blower so loud, reminds me of an old school 871 roots style! Can't wait for the tune to be tweaked and get some footage riding along, this thing should make 600whp+. Enjoy......

Reactions: 5 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
So I dug my way into the shop and did a test fit on the 2010 injector plugs and they fit perfectly. That was the good news. The bad news was the next couple of hours I spent trying to dissect the injector harness out of the donor main loom. I got it as far as the one socket for what I think is the under hood fuse block but it looks like a bunch of them head directly to one of the couplers for what I think is the computer. Haven't tried to match them to what is attached to the LQ harness but off the top of my head my memory says "Different"

Did take a peek at one of the plugs directly to see if it could be unpinned but could find no immediate way to release the inner socket to access the wires. Stopped at that point. Just getting past all the coverings and insulation was a monumental PITA. May do some more digging tomorrow but trying to be way cautious here as it may come to a situation where I have to go with solder and heat shrink and do some grafting.

Took a quick peek at the video. Nice pipe note at the rear. As you say, that whistle is not subtle. (LOL) I can easily see it irritating little old ladies and small children with over protective parents (SLOL) It might be muted a little by the hood once closed. but those open inner fender wells could let a lot of the giggles get free.

Nick

Last edited:

bmxer_coon

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2011
Eastpointe, MI, 48021
Started a little clean up where the new frame is going to be receiving the boxing plates. Didn't get too far but got the welder changed over to mig and gas to start welding tomorrow potentially🤞🤞

Attachments

• IMG_20220417_153657_244.jpg
    IMG_20220417_153657_244.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20220417_153730_422.jpg
    IMG_20220417_153730_422.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 57
Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor