What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Huh! Not sure if it is available around her or who would carry it but appreciate the heads up.

Nick

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
My wife and I (and our youngest) spent the better part of today visiting our daughter at school, today is her birthday.

When I got home I wanted to get something done out in the garage so I got the header panel on the ‘80 removed. Will tackle the fenders this week. Going to start stripping panels, finally.

0BEFA39F-7614-4A42-9C08-889655755CD9.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Reactions: 1 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
OKay, so me here missing things as usual. You no longer driving for Sysco?? Sounds like wherever you landed has provided you with a better situation so a plus it would seem.

While I am talking LS here, would silicone die-electric grease like gets used on spark plug boots work on the injector O-rings. Half the battle in pulling the injectors was getting the O-rings to let go of the boss walls. When I popped the fuel rail, the O-rings remained in the ports. Just me, having that old time fun?? in the shop.

Nick
I just use good old fashioned grease from a tube. I've also assembled without, haven't found a difference.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Dug around in the dash, found out why my plaque aint work no mo.
this lil mf.
277854488_561052571837370_5652322156851626534_n.jpg

i assume its long been discontinued. also washed it again. I wish the whole car was this nice. It's a beautiful color in the right sunlight. when wet. On the areas that still have paint.
278002301_723200129122085_6335788537490970835_n.jpg

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
OKay, so me here missing things as usual. You no longer driving for Sysco?? Sounds like wherever you landed has provided you with a better situation so a plus it would seem.

While I am talking LS here, would silicone die-electric grease like gets used on spark plug boots work on the injector O-rings. Half the battle in pulling the injectors was getting the O-rings to let go of the boss walls. When I popped the fuel rail, the O-rings remained in the ports. Just me, having that old time fun?? in the shop.

Nick

I just use good old fashioned grease from a tube. I've also assembled without, haven't found a difference.
X2 here. I know I'm pretty cheap, but the most available lube in my garage is wheel bearing grease - you can use whatever is handy. Dish soap works well also, but when it dries it locks the o-ring.

Sounds like you need to grab some new o-rings. You're not working on the space shuttle with these - KISS.

A fine adventure that I had with some SEP injectors led to me swapping injectors either 4 or 5 times in a day for testing purposes - complete sets. The grease thing, of any type, works - trust me.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Took it out for a little drive since it was nice out yesterday, felt good to have her out again. But ended up shutting off a few times, seemed to do it mainly when hitting a bump so I am guessing a loose connection. Guess I will add that to the list of get rights

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
The point about the new O-rings is valid and already on the table for consideration. Still thinking about that Die-electric grease simply because it seems to stay the course no matter what. From the options being offered, the choice of honey goo to ease the install just might end up a matter of personal preference, which works for me.

Actually, the notion of RED #2 Sticky Grease just commended itself to my attention. That stuff is like kindergarten paper paste, it sticks to everything.

Nick

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
The point about the new O-rings is valid and already on the table for consideration. Still thinking about that Die-electric grease simply because it seems to stay the course no matter what. From the options being offered, the choice of honey goo to ease the install just might end up a matter of personal preference, which works for me.

Actually, the notion of RED #2 Sticky Grease just commended itself to my attention. That stuff is like kindergarten paper paste, it sticks to everything.

Nick

I dunno, I get nervous using any petroleum based oils or greases for O-rings unless I know they're designed to take it. Other wise I'd use a silicon based lube.

• Agree

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
I do hear you about the nasty side effects of applying oil and grease to some types of rubber and synthetics. That is why my personal lean is towards the Silicon Dielectric grease like gets used around electrical connections and sparkplug boots.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor