What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Glad you got it running. Sounds good

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Loaded up the motor to be ready for Saturday mornings adventure, and since the carb spacer wasn't solid I have to buy another to mount the pcv View attachment 229188
I echo again.... All that paint and didn't clean up the pulleys :LOL:

Kidding aside, must feel good to be getting so close again. How long will you take to put down the break-in miles so you can let er rip?

Reactions: 1 users
Glad the initial start-up is successfully completed. Refresh my memory..... What exactly killed the last motor?
Detonation cracked cylinder 8
I echo again.... All that paint and didn't clean up the pulleys :LOL:

Kidding aside, must feel good to be getting so close again. How long will you take to put down the break-in miles so you can let er rip?
Yeah yeah yeah..... hahaha I am just happy its running again
Probably gonna try to squeeze in 300/400 miles to run and see how it looks

Reactions: 1 users
Detonation cracked cylinder 8

Yeah yeah yeah..... hahaha I am just happy its running again
Probably gonna try to squeeze in 300/400 miles to run and see how it looks
Any leads/thoughts on what contributed to the detonation? I would want to know the 'what it was & how/why it happened' to not feel like I'm walking on eggshells on the new combo.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Any leads/thoughts on what contributed to the detonation? I would want to know the 'what it was & how/why it happened' to not feel like I'm walking on eggshells on the new combo.
Still waiting to hear from Holley, after about 2 months now they finally made me send the Sniper back for testing. I am sure they will say there is no problem, my buddy original said he wasn't sure it was Holley's fault. But he is pretty sure that it was washing the cylinders and dumping too much fuel at some points, then I would think that it ran lean others. Last night I dropped the prime down in half because it seems it is giving way too much, then change the IAC curve up about 10%. Once the motor was up to temp it didn't really want to start, I felt part of it was the battery sitting for a few months being low. But it was showing too much fuel pressure at times then when we would let it sit and then would drop dramatically quick when it shouldn't

Still waiting to hear from Holley, after about 2 months now they finally made me send the Sniper back for testing. I am sure they will say there is no problem, my buddy original said he wasn't sure it was Holley's fault. But he is pretty sure that it was washing the cylinders and dumping too much fuel at some points, then I would think that it ran lean others. Last night I dropped the prime down in half because it seems it is giving way too much, then change the IAC curve up about 10%. Once the motor was up to temp it didn't really want to start, I felt part of it was the battery sitting for a few months being low. But it was showing too much fuel pressure at times then when we would let it sit and then would drop dramatically quick when it shouldn't
If there was even a possibility one of the Sniper issues contributed to the failure of the last motor, there's no way I would allow that set-up back on my fresh motor.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
If there was even a possibility one of the Sniper issues contributed to the failure of the last motor, there's no way I would allow that set-up back on my fresh motor.
X2

I thought a carb was bought for it anyways?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor