What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been trying to get backup lights wired in from the transmission as well as adding the choke and tach wires to go into through the firewall. Finally played with the lower chrome in the rear. And got that off, I’m deleting it so it’ll be up for sale soon as I find out what it’s worth. Was never off the car though it’s multiple paint jobs.
Car hasn’t seen the road since 2001 out of Georgia. Don’t know if anyone knows this guy. He was the last owner that drove it I think. View attachment 229003View attachment 229004View attachment 229005View attachment 229006
well, the insurance card says 2006-2007

Stabbed the Tanks Inc fuel tank in this afternoon, wired and plumbed. Kinda regret going with a pickup big enough to handle -8 line, as I’ve got a couple of millimeters before the fitting hits the trunk floor, but it fits.
4DFFF9FE-DAED-4BFE-BC60-08EF9F898F29.jpeg

11C395B8-809F-4C78-90A6-7EE7318B7C18.jpeg

Then fitted an ignition box and coil bracket where the factory overflow bottle used to be:
C2763191-60BF-41C0-9CC0-D269045EDBA9.jpeg

Now I get to rewire the front of this car, again.

I’ll be installing a tube style overflow bottle near the radiator fill at some point.

Reactions: 5 users
Went to a friend's house who has a beautiful 79 Bu. He has a lift and offered to swap out my upper arms to adjustable ones to correct the pinion angle. It helped some, but still have a vibration to chase down. Pic of our cars at a big show over the weekend, and an underside glamor shot showing I did a full resto, not just a topside....View attachment 228800View attachment 228801
Hi, what headers and crossmember do you have there? And did the headers fit without lifting engine

Hi, what headers and crossmember do you have there? And did the headers fit without lifting engine
Speed Engineering 1-3/4" stainless full tubes. They did require some massaging in a couple spots with heat and the round side of a ball pein. Crossmember is a G Force. Those headers slide in with engine bolted in place.

Reactions: 3 users
I… uhhhh…

IMG_3123.gif

So the jack slipped a little and now I need a new tank…
Hopefully the sender isn’t hurt. If it is I guess I’ll be spending spending that 4l80 money somewhere else.
IMG_3121.jpeg
IMG_3122.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Up side, time for a fuel injection tank and pump?
Unfortunately it was a baffled tank with a previous gen racetronix sending unit hopefully I can salvage the sending unit

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Polished the section of the rear bumper I tried to blend a couple weeks back- got a confidence boost from this one.
9C80BEBA-3CBA-448D-B67C-49CCCB2A413C.jpeg

E8219A49-A976-46FB-A4EC-A0C24CDF333A.jpeg

7192AA38-5622-4DAA-A93C-0051D2494FF4.jpeg

Might experiment next spring with just clearing over some sections with a slow reducer. Over-reduced this batch of clear to 15% (UreChem recommends a limit of 10%) with a medium grade reducer at the lower end of its temp range, didn’t peel off when I buffed it, so it adheres to 800 grit scratches nicely. And with a minimal blend edge at that.

Oh, and this is the best $150 I ever spent on a tool:
D5D7A3A8-367E-46A5-BEF3-23480674F67A.jpeg

Variable speed on a mosfet trigger, nicer than my 11” ATD variable speed, as it instantly starts when you pull the trigger.

Reactions: 7 users
Polished the section of the rear bumper I tried to blend a couple weeks back- got a confidence boost from this one.
View attachment 229114
View attachment 229115
View attachment 229116

Might experiment next spring with just clearing over some sections with a slow reducer. Over-reduced this batch of clear to 15% (UreChem recommends a limit of 10%) with a medium grade reducer at the lower end of its temp range, didn’t peel off when I buffed it, so it adheres to 800 grit scratches nicely. And with a minimal blend edge at that.

Oh, and this is the best $150 I ever spent on a tool: View attachment 229117
Variable speed on a mosfet trigger, nicer than my 11” ATD variable speed, as it instantly starts when you pull the trigger.

Glad to see it worked out for you! Hopefully my advice was at least somewhat helpful. It looks great.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor