What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Painting some spare 14x6 steel rims I have. They'll get tires eventually.

Reactions: 1 users

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Back in the late 1980s early 90s in Mass I was happy to pay the annual inspection fee because of the time it saved me.

Every two years I'd swap either high or low beams out so no headlight was more than 4 years old right before inspection. Why? They made sure the bulbs were properly aimed at the grid in the back of the bay as part of the inspection. I sold off my used bulbs for half of new, and never had to bother aligning them myself, and, never suffered blown bulbs either.

The fact is they'd do a whole bunch of grunt work for free, smaller swap outs of stuff included. I'd even talk them into doing a tire rotation and winter/spring changeover for free when doing the ball joint check - fronts to rear, snows to trunk, and trunk to fronts. I also made it a point to buy gas there twice a month, so, if you were borderline on emissions they'd play with things a bit thinking maybe it was their gas...

YMMV, but, it used to be nice the types of relationships you could build with businesses in small towns.
I have lived in Kentucky and Indiana all my life (55Yrs.), owned about fifteen vehicles (1975to2011) and have never once had a vehicle inspection of any sort. It all sounds strange to me.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I have lived in Kentucky and Indiana all my life (55Yrs.), owned about fifteen vehicles (1975to2011) and have never once had a vehicle inspection of any sort. It all sounds strange to me.
They're doing away with the annual safety inspection here in Texas. If the car/light truck is between 2-24 years old and you live in one of the most populous counties, one will still have the annual emissions test. I'll be moving out of Harris County (Houston) next year so my vehicles have been inspected for the last time. Annual inspection has been a requirement my whole life so it going away seems strange. I won't miss having to do it but I can't say that I think not having to do it will be an improvement for Texas roadways.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
They're doing away with the annual safety inspection here in Texas. If the car/light truck is between 2-24 years old and you live in one of the most populous counties, one will still have the annual emissions test. I'll be moving out of Harris County (Houston) next year so my vehicles have been inspected for the last time. Annual inspection has been a requirement my whole life so it going away seems strange. I won't miss having to do it but I can't say that I think not having to do it will be an improvement for Texas roadways.
yeah, I'm kind of on the fence about it too. some of the pass/fail items were pretty stupid. like, does your horn work? how about your gascap, steering, or highbeam indicator? on the other hand wipers, lights, and tires were a good item to inspect.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Here in Arizona we do have emissions in the Phoenix and Tucson area but no inspections statewide. If I'm not mistaken, you need to test your car all the way back to 1967, although, the requirements are for the older cars are pretty nil. Most people register their vehicles in another part of the state or as collectors through Hagerty or somewhere like that and don't have to worry about it.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Iowa has nothin. :D

Reactions: 2 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Installed the other junkyard door panel that matches the drivers side. They were in a donk regal as a pair, passenger was/is warped pretty badly and it fought me going on. Also, I ****ing hate doing dew sweeps. The passenger one finally disintegrated and I broke down and installed a new one.

"Just drop the window down"
EVEN RESTING ON THE BOTTOM OF THE DOOR IT'S STILL IN THE ****IN WAY.

By the way.... anyone have some burgundy/maroon pull straps they don't want?
Yes I know the woodgrain doesn't match.
Eventually ill get the non wood grain panels.
20240328_205535.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor