What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whelp, the Rotte Carlo SS is...... GONE!

Wife decided to let it go to a new home, and, the cash got added to the project fund.

There is something new in the works though to replace it....
Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Managed to get the three screws out of the old door latch without screwing up the new paint. I installed the new latch, door handle and lock. Everything worked as it should. Mike's Montes supplied the parts and they seem to be good quality.

Reactions: 4 users
I set the Bonneville up an appointment for new transmission cooler lines. The old TH350 lines never did seal quite correctly after the 200-4R got put in and that leak is getting harder and harder to ignore. On the upside, I just crossed 20,000 miles since I bought it with no other real issues.

Reactions: 1 users
Mechanic found the 4th gear TCC lockup switch that I added had been leaking internally. Should be a lot cheaper to fix than new lines, at least.

Reactions: 2 users
Using my custom made shims, I shimmed my passenger bottom door hinge & the door now closes properly. I'll change the pin & bushing some other time.

1676662275574.png

Reactions: 3 users
My dash clock didn't work. I found a cheap, untested one & it worked, but the case and terminals were different. I tore it apart, unsoldered and swapped terminal boards (first time soldering!), then reassembled the working guts into my case. And it works! I think this weird clock is really interesting & I'm happy that it works now.

Reactions: 6 users
Do those only lock in 4th? I know nothing about the 200-4R.
I think in stock form they will lock up in 3rd and 4th. If they are retrofitted into a car, you can use an external port on the transmission to trigger a pressure sensor to give them lockup in 4th gear without a computer.

You just provide ignition 12v+ to the lockup pin on the transmission connector and run the ground side to that switch on the case. When the pressure switch turns on, it will ground and complete the circuit.

Not super necessary, but it is nice to have for no more effort than is needed to rig it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor