What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
scarborough
Well, they're lying. Firestone at least. I got my car aligned there, the spec said '82-86 regal" on the paper. It cost me $92, but i got a 20% bridgestone/firestone employee discount (i work at the farm tire factory in iowa, we also make them tractor pull tires). They're either stupid or lazy. I would make a jig to mount the tubular arms in (if they're adjustable themselves, not just with shims) so you can twist and turn the sides of the arm to perfectly match the stockers. If they're not adjustable at all, there is absolutely no reason why they cant align it other than the aforementioned dumb/lazy.

Reactions: 1 user
scarborough
Well, they're lying. Firestone at least. I got my car aligned there, the spec said '82-86 regal" on the paper. It cost me $92, but i got a 20% bridgestone/firestone employee discount (i work at the farm tire factory in iowa, we also make them tractor pull tires). They're either stupid or lazy. I would make a jig to mount the tubular arms in (if they're adjustable themselves, not just with shims) so you can twist and turn the sides of the arm to perfectly match the stockers. If they're not adjustable at all, there is absolutely no reason why they cant align it other than the aforementioned dumb/lazy.
I agree, one or both. no their not adjustable I think a lot of the techs they hiring are young out of tech schools an aren't trained how to work on older cars. i live southern wis. so i may drive to
Chicago to get it done

The oldest thing that stuck out at me was a 1951 chevrolet truck manual. The newest that stuck out was I think around a 98 c/k series? I know there was 1997 camaro/firebird. With the really old stuff there's gaps. I saw some 1990s corvette stuff, at least 1991,2,3,4,5.

There's also probably at least 2 dozen geo, and a full box that was 1990s fwd lumina/cutlass/etc. Eventually I stopped really perusing and just loaded up. Left about 5:30am, hung out for a bit over an hour at the place, got back home about 4:45. The 8.1L only used 25 gallons of gas headed up, including 45 minutes of delay in Charlotte this morning, and 26 gallons back. 370 miles each way. So it was 14.8mpg up there, and, 14.2mpg back. Trip up mightve averaged 75 mph except the traffic snaffu, but back mightve spent more time closer to 80 and probably had over 2500? 3000? pounds of manuals back there.

The oldest thing that stuck out at me was a 1951 chevrolet truck manual. The newest that stuck out was I think around a 98 c/k series? I know there was 1997 camaro/firebird. With the really old stuff there's gaps. I saw some 1990s corvette stuff, at least 1991,2,3,4,5.

There's also probably at least 2 dozen geo, and a full box that was 1990s fwd lumina/cutlass/etc. Eventually I stopped really perusing and just loaded up. Left about 5:30am, hung out for a bit over an hour at the place, got back home about 4:45. The 8.1L only used 25 gallons of gas headed up, including 45 minutes of delay in Charlotte this morning, and 26 gallons back. 370 miles each way. So it was 14.8mpg up there, and, 14.2mpg back. Trip up mightve averaged 75 mph except the traffic snaffu, but back mightve spent more time closer to 80 and probably had over 2500? 3000? pounds of manuals back there.
I've been looking for a parts manual that covers my 96 Roadmaster for a few years. I have a book that covers up to 93. I'm not sure one for 94-96 exists. I've never been able to find it. This is in case you decide to sell some of these and happen to have it. No hurry on the answer. I realize you have a ton of books in boxes.

I've been looking for a parts manual that covers my 96 Roadmaster for a few years. I have a book that covers up to 93. I'm not sure one for 94-96 exists. I've never been able to find it. This is in case you decide to sell some of these and happen to have it. No hurry on the answer. I realize you have a ton of books in boxes.
Parts manual, or, shop manual? You are either in, or out of, luck, since some of the boxes of that era are right on the top and I saw them last night...

Half the reason I know there were some is when I saw the Caprice name on the spine in a box I figured I'd be asking if you had manuals at some point, once I figured out what year they all were and what your car was. Same for our s10 / g-series van owners although I don't know if usps media mail crosses over to Canada post, or, if CopperNick or any others have such a need.

No, it's not to say those are the only things in there, but, when carry some boxes you look down and recall certain guys on the boards here posting regularly about certain cars/trucks...

As to your question...

If it was Shop Manuals, yes, and, there may be more deeper in the stack but the 2 part + supplement was there for 94 at least...
20230224_091610.jpg

Parts Catalog, No:
20230224_091730.jpg

If I'm reading it correctly, they didn't make any more after March 1993, and, since the 94s weren't in production yet....

It's the only one I saw in there while loading (thickness gave it away), my guess is earlier ones were commonly thrown in the trash due to supercession of numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Parts manual, or, shop manual? You are either in, or out of, luck, since some of the boxes of that era are right on the top and I saw them last night...

Half the reason I know there were some is when I saw the Caprice name on the spine in a box I figured I'd be asking if you had manuals at some point, once I figured out what year they all were and what your car was. Same for our s10 / g-series van owners although I don't know if usps media mail crosses over to Canada post, or, if CopperNick or any others have such a need.

No, it's not to say those are the only things in there, but, when carry some boxes you look down and recall certain guys on the boards here posting regularly about certain cars/trucks...

As to your question...

If it was Shop Manuals, yes, and, there may be more deeper in the stack but the 2 part + supplement was there for 94 at least...
View attachment 216717

Parts Catalog, No:
View attachment 216718
If I'm reading it correctly, they didn't make any more after March 1993, and, since the 94s weren't in production yet....

It's the only one I saw in there while loading (thickness gave it away), my guess is earlier ones were commonly thrown in the trash due to supercession of numbers.
It's the parts manual I'm looking for. I suspected it was microfiche only. Thanks for confirming.

Reactions: 1 user
Finished the closeout panels for the trunk, in shape at least, next is making another two panels to close out the top of the wheel tubs to the trunk arm box, which will help stabilize the panels. I originally wanted to use the top stud of the quarter panel extensions to hold the top rear of the panels in place, but I felt like those studs would be under too much tension, and would be at risk of snapping off.
94AFE00B-DCDF-49F7-A5A3-0DD5B46F15AF.jpeg

219DDEC3-8152-40F0-BAA7-486DECD09399.jpeg

I really need to clean the trunk out….

I’ll have the drivers side set up to hold some hand tools and small spare parts like spark plugs and possibly some AN fittings for swapping sections of AN hose for rubber line in a pinch. The passenger side will be cable management for the stereo system and will hold a kill switch. I’m dreading the thought of drilling a hole through fresh paint on the tail panel.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor