What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driver Door dent and bondo event.yes I'm going to weld or lead that corner hole.One more coat over whole area is nessesary but could wait untill I pull the center moulding off (cut)...will still have the center and top half of door to guage and dolly then spreading the upol' filler ...speaking of the upol' premium gold body (filler) cures fast even with less hardner .I don't like fast cures or a lot of hardener for first coats (layers) .it's harder then dyna coat gold or that auto zone gold so ....if you prefer easy hand sanding .I know it's harder as I hammer picked some of the 2nd coat highspots ",I check it to see if it lifted at edge of pick point it has not .knowing that satisfied any doubt about it shelling .there's a little more then im saying , so keeping to basic procedure (mine).some will say why are you bondo'ing over paint,?.. it workes it if you have the rite method and remove paint around leftover kinks creases (pencil torch and scrape) a lot of section to finish yet.

Attachments

• 20230329_171904.jpg
    20230329_171904.jpg
    558.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230405_174429.jpg
    20230405_174429.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
  • Scared
Reactions: 1 user
The 5.3 is................getting money thrown at it. Against my better judgement I'm putting a piston/rod deal in it, more valve springs and good studs.

The 6.0 has another home. Regarding the intake, we have a single plane multiport Victor all set up, but it's cathedral port of course. Trust me, I'm saving the square port intake becaue sometime in the not to distant future the JY will be filled with square port heads.

The 5.3 will run around the 6.0......uh.......I think haha. It's 100 lbs lighter too and it's nothing that more boost can't resolve. I'll probably be upgrading the cam in the 5.3 before summer, but I really want to see if the Elgin will get it done with unported stock heads. I need a converter before I need a cam.

And the 6.0 will be a pump gas only deal, maybe C16 at the track, but track visits will be a rare occasion I think. And I'll say this, 2618 aluminum pistons are not street friendly - yes they will work, but not for 30K miles. The best I've done is 16K before the cylinders are wiped out and they rattle cold..........blowby sucks on a street car.
You dont have nuthin till you git a worn out 6 liter ?lol

You dont have nuthin till you git a worn out 6 liter ?lol
The 6.0 is not worn out at all (5K mile). But I'm not opposed to worn out 4.8's at all - if they don't have 150K+ on them, then they aren't broke in ;)

Just got the word that they have to send out my converter so they have no idea on time for that to be done
Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF
Where are you sending it? Whose converter is that?

Ran a new gas line this morning on the '80. Since I had the passenger side muffler and tail pipe out I got to making adjustments on the new dual exhaust that have been bugging me. Now the muffler and tail pipes are symmetrical side to side and look right. I set one muffler lower than the other and it looked awful, luckily it wasn't too bad to get settled up, just one tail pipe needed to have 3/4" removed and re-weld the pieces. Gotta get the new tank and sender installed next chance I get and cover up the grey primer over spray.

IMG_4030.jpeg IMG_4031.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
Where are you sending it? Whose converter is that?
Chris Farley Idk GIF

Replace it with a good pressure plate & never worry about converter issues. Plus you'll have OD & anti-theft.
images
I had kicked that around but ultimately I am saving the manual swap until the 350 kicks the bucket then its gonna get a full LS and transmission swap

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
On the 84 Turbo Buick GN, an electric fuel pump gets installed into the gas tank for obvious reasons. On that basis, my question to all and sundry is this. Despite the electric pump being resident, is the tank shell itself similar/same as what would be typically found under any of the other G's, such as the Monte, the Pontiac, the Olds, and the Malibu's from 1978-1988? I have not included the Elky simply because of it being a half-n-half and not being sure of what GM did for it in terms of the gas tank.

Also, does anyone happen to know off-hand what the internal depth or height of the tank is from the floor or tank bottom to the flange ring?

All this falls under the heading of a "what might fit what" possibility so at this point this is an information search, the results of which will help me with a future decision.

Nick

Welded in the passenger side coil over mount and painted the frame rail IMG_2416.jpeg

Tomorrow hopefully I will tackle the passenger side and be back on the ground mid week

Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor