What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used to work in a Marine repair shop and the shop crew had to use live steam to clean out the cruise-a-day tanks. The metal had liteally absorbed the smell into its pores!

Nick

Reactions: 1 user
Also installed the rear quarter extensions and NOS '78 tail lamps I picked up last year off of eBay. I like them just fine but would prefer what came on the car. Still looking for them and if they ever turn up I may buy them. But for now, these are so much better than my worn originals.

Mike, I have a couple of sets of original 1980 taillights if you’re interested. I need a good condition left ‘78 taillight lens for Olds Cool, perhaps we could work something out?
Sounds like it might work out well for both of us.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Mike, I have a couple of sets of original 1980 taillights if you’re interested. I need a good condition left ‘78 taillight lens for Olds Cool, perhaps we could work something out?
Sounds like it might work out well for both of us.
Going to leave them on the car, Donovan. they will grow on me I’m sure.

I will keep in mind your wanted lens if I ever see one turn up on eBay or at the swap meet in CT this weekend. Never know what might turn up browsing the aisles.

Welp got the ol girl up on the lift to pull the pan and it was worst case..... time for a rebuild right before the season starts. Was really hoping that wouldn't be the case especially with the GTO also needing transmission work. The last place we used that we didn't love cause we ended up having to send the whole car down there for them to get the transmission right said 800/900 if we pull the transmission and 1100 or so if they have to and around 2 weeks. Gonna call around a couple other places to see where they are at on price and time, I guess gonna make the most of it and it replace the rear main seal and get a new oil pan since they both had some leaking
20230329_162505.jpg
20230329_160914.jpg
20230329_161150.jpg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Welp got the ol girl up on the lift to pull the pan and it was worst case..... time for a rebuild right before the season starts. Was really hoping that wouldn't be the case especially with the GTO also needing transmission work. The last place we used that we didn't love cause we ended up having to send the whole car down there for them to get the transmission right said 800/900 if we pull the transmission and 1100 or so if they have to and around 2 weeks. Gonna call around a couple other places to see where they are at on price and time, I guess gonna make the most of it and it replace the rear main seal and get a new oil pan since they both had some leaking
View attachment 218588View attachment 218590View attachment 218589
that's not a real shop! that floor is way too clean! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Not according to the boss, he always says it needs to be cleaner hahaha
If you're married... dont you mean, "SHE"(the boss) says it needs to be cleaner? :LOL:

I've had good luck with Transmissions By Lucille in Verona when I had the POS '08 Silverado's 4L60 converted itself to a Powerglide.

Last edited:
If you're married... dont you mean, "SHE"(the boss) says it needs to be cleaner? :LOL:
Nope can't find anyone dumb enough, haha
I've had good luck with Transmissions By Lucille in Verona when I had the POS '08 Silverado's 4L60 converted itself to a Powerglide.
Thanks, I called a bunch of places but somehow didn't try them. I will give them a call now, amazed how it ranges from 800 to 3000 so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor