What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
While checking around under the hood, I found a fuel line leaking at the carburetor inlet. Turns out that the line split down the length, and even cutting back about 8 inches wouldn't get me to good hose.
20230715_140713.jpg

This line is only about 9 months old, and supposedly rated for ethanol. Seeing this, I went ahead and checked over all the fuel line in the system and found another bonus. The electric fuel pump was apparently weeping out of the side of the case as well.

20230715_140626.jpg

I'm guessing from the rust that it may have been weeping for a while. I guess it will be parked until I get a new pump in the mail.

I just wish I could find a reliable source of actually good fuel line.

Well…. It’s finally on the rotisserie with the new floor in, welding bottom cross brace in along with any other welding underneath that needs done, then a not the rear body mount z-nut casings to cut out and replace….. nothing like garage time!!

Attachments

• IMG_3861.jpeg
    IMG_3861.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 60
While checking around under the hood, I found a fuel line leaking at the carburetor inlet. Turns out that the line split down the length, and even cutting back about 8 inches wouldn't get me to good hose.View attachment 224562

This line is only about 9 months old, and supposedly rated for ethanol. Seeing this, I went ahead and checked over all the fuel line in the system and found another bonus. The electric fuel pump was apparently weeping out of the side of the case as well.

View attachment 224563

I'm guessing from the rust that it may have been weeping for a while. I guess it will be parked until I get a new pump in the mail.

I just wish I could find a reliable source of actually good fuel line.
I don't know what's going on , but we just cannot get ANY fuel line stocked in the parts store for the last 9 months. GM told me he actually had to go out and buy a reel locally to have it available

I don't know what's going on , but we just cannot get ANY fuel line stocked in the parts store for the last 9 months. GM told me he actually had to go out and buy a reel locally to have it available
That I can totally believe. The line that was on there came from AutoZone, but it did have the correct labeling for Gasoline. This current length of hose came from NAPA, but it didn't have any writing on it at all and I don't feel that great about it long term.

I may have to pony up and order some line rated for methanol since I am super not into dying in a fire because of a cheap hose.

• Agree
Reactions: 383_GrandPrix
That I can totally believe. The line that was on there came from AutoZone, but it did have the correct labeling for Gasoline. This current length of hose came from NAPA, but it didn't have any writing on it at all and I don't feel that great about it long term.

I may have to pony up and order some line rated for methanol since I am super not into dying in a fire because of a cheap hose.

That's assuming you need 3/8". Gates barricade hose. Rated for gasoline for carb engines (50 psi rating), 100% methanol (not for methanol blends, though) and all ethanol blends.

Reactions: Rktpwrd

That's assuming you need 3/8". Gates barricade hose. Rated for gasoline for carb engines (50 psi rating), 100% methanol (not for methanol blends, though) and all ethanol blends.

That could be on the shopping list, as unfortunately the plot thickens in my fuel system. I have been having to run a second fuel pump in the engine bay as I have been having problems getting enough fuel flow to keep the bowls filled during spirited driving. I figured that with a new fuel pump, I could delete the secondary pump and be fine. That turned out to not be the case, so I highly suspect my feed line on top of the fuel tank has started to rot out and let air in ahead of the pump. The thought of dropping that tank in the middle of swamp-*ss summer does not excite me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor