What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Monday, Nothing,Tuesday, Nothing, Every other day is Naw-thing." (with thanks to the FUGGS))

Ease on past it and concentrate on the front end job on the S-10.

Nick

Reactions: MalibuDavyou5
Got that moroso gasket in the mail. Quality piece. Thick af too, around 1/8 inch. Transmission leaks less, but now I think I'm going to have to chase down all the other leaks. Speedo output, shift shaft, dipstick tube, kickdown cable, etc. -_-

Dropped the motor and pistons off at the machine shop, hopefully it will be quicker than the 4 to 6 weeks they originally said. The guy this morning said he will try to get it done much quicker, told me to call the boss on Monday and ask about the magnaflux being done yet so I can see if I need to get a new block

Been working on this. I have the front support tacked in for test fitting.

I need to start a build a thread for this.

IMG_1869.jpeg

It's either the front seal or the pan leaking.
It's leaking right in the little cutout for the converter.
It's a factory pan that's been beaten to death and hammered back "flat" multiple times. I broke down and ordered a new steel (not chrome) pan with a drain plug, so at least when it leaks this time it'll be easier to drain.

DSCN3832 (2).JPG

My rear exhaust pipes wait patiently to get hung. Although they are ready to be re-installed, having them off the car makes it easier to deal with the bottom seam on the quarter panels should it prove necessary to visit them with tools and instruments of mass dissection.

DSCN3834.JPG

With the new panel to act as a template, I was able to lay masking tape along the upper edge to give me a hard cut line. From that I dropped two other lines of tape to create a box of death. Everything inside the taped off area will get cut away. After that i get to see what is behind panel number 1 and determine how best to enlarge the hole to get the best fitment for the new panel. Having the panel behind open and exposed will tell me what I need to cut away next to get to the starting point for hanging the new inner rocker panel. I still have to do tote box diving and locate that Grand AM A pillar lower section.

These cuts will occur at some point during the S-10 work, probably while waiting for the paint to dry and the grass to grow.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor